MOVEMBER 2017....Nov 12th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVEMBER 2017....Nov 12th

Randy is looking to cook everyone some BBQ and gather donations to his movember cause. If you can please respond on this thread and state your route preference (A B or C) and we'll figure out a few ride leaders to guide a different ride routes.

I'll be in for a B+ route and help out where i can.
    Walt

Comment

I'd also be up for some B+ fun, and of course some legendary Randy BBQ ;-)
      Alternately, could go with some C+ish big bike booyah on the ol' behemoth.

Comment

Gonna make an effort to show up . Got the bike parked in squamish this winter , so road / weather conditions permitting . . . .

i'd hit some o' that C+ chit with Mark .

Comment

I think the thumb will be ready for some b loop by the time this day arrives.

Comment

What is with this snow ?? Well Movember is here and I'm all smooth faced... If there is interest, I'm still in for putting on the BBQ Picnic! I just need to know how many would be coming! Last year was a good success!
            Thank you Ian for Restarting this thread... This Movember thing is for all of us and I look forward to hearing from you all!

https://mobro.co/randyhamm?mc=1
            Knowledge is Power, Prevention is Everything! Early Detection is the Key!

Comment

I

Comment

I want to be there if I can get the parts for my 350 installed in time. It's just rear bearings and an oil change that are required, and with Fbomb and Tomcycle less than a stones throw away I can probably just leave a beer open in the garage and stuff will get done. Friday night / Saturday is my opportunity and then will have to drive back down for the day. Peter and Tom - should I grab the trailer and we can all go down for the day??

Comment

Originally posted by LordEndo View Post
                  with Fbomb and Tomcycle less than a stones throw away I can probably just leave a beer open in the garage and stuff will get done.
                  I suspect we are going to fix a bearing beside the fire !
                  Don't you know Tom maintenance model?
                  Wait until it's too late and let someone else fix it while he is clapping around...
                  He got 47 lbs of air in the rear tire that way, was fun to watch

So your best bet, buy the part and we can fix it

and bring the bear along with the parts :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sylvain View Post

I suspect we are going to fix a bearing beside the fire !
                    Don't you know Tom maintenance model?
                    Wait until it's too late and let someone else fix it while he is clapping around...
                    He got 47 lbs of air in the rear tire that way, was fun to watch

So your best bet, buy the part and we can fix it

and bring the bear along with the parts :-)
                    Lol.....so is there an appetite to camp out that weekend?

Comment

Sign me up!
                      The road to hell is paved ..

Comment

Less than two weeks away ... We will see what happens with this snow, I look forward to hearing from those interested, If there is no ride, there can still be a Picnic Lunch!
                        mobro.co/randyhamm

Comment

I'd like to sign up for this ride. I'm a newbie (relatively) so I don't know the trail categories A, B and C. I'd like to ride a beginner's to intermediate trail.

Thanks
                          Shane

Comment

Originally posted by shanehashmi View Post
                            I'd like to sign up for this ride. I'm a newbie (relatively) so I don't know the trail categories A, B and C. I'd like to ride a beginner's to intermediate trail.

Thanks
                            Shane
                            Best is to describe what level you are and what kind of bike you are riding. Beginner trails for a BMW 1200 are totally different than something for a DR125. Do you have any experience riding? What kind of riding you looking for? Garly single track in the deep woods or scenic open views?

But to put the ABCs in a nutshell

C= Little to no experiance, not much more than a gravel FSR or wide level single track (nothing much around the coast)

B= You know how to ride, have 1000s of kms riding on gravel or trails under your belt. You generally ride with full off road gear ie mx boots, knee and elbow pads and other appropriate armour, why? because you have been pitched of your bike on more than one occasion.

A= The nutbars, these guys know who they are, they look like dirt bikers. If you have to ask how hard the A route is, dont try it.

hope that helps a bit
                            Tom Timmerman
                            Past President DSBC

Comment

Hi there Friends, I want you to visit my Movember website mobro.co/randyhamm , this is the First week of Movember, and we are off to a good start!
                              I also wish to invite everyone to a picnic/ride (by donation) at the Tamihi Staging area This Sunday... I hope that you can make it , Please tag on this site if you are coming so I know how many to expect!
                              Thank you for looking!
                              Randy Hamm

Comment

Working...
                              X