X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ ADVENTURE ("C") Route - details

The EZ Adventure C route is all done!!!

This will be a GPS Route. So have the tracks loaded up on your GPS BEFORE you get to the event or ride with someone who has the tracks loaded on their GPS. There will be NO ARROWS marking this course.

You can download the GPS tracks from the box below... 2018 Spring Newbie EZ C Route GPX.zip
    You MUST be LOGGED IN as a DSBC User to be able to download this zipped file.

You MUST have insurance for street riding as this route is a mix of forest service roads and pavement.

The route is 3 - 4 hours long.

There is an opportunity to stop for gas but show up to the event with a full gas tank then you won't have to worry about stopping for gas along the way.

This route is small bike to big bike friendly. You should be comfortable riding on gravel roads, through puddles, up and down hills and on very easy jeep trails.

If you have any questions about this route post your questions on this thread.

Judy

You can download the GPS tracks here (Save the files FIRST then open with WinZip or with Windows)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JavaJude; 04-27-2018, 11:19 AM.
    On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Pre-rode the route with JT yesterday. Nice route with great country scenery, some nice twisties and enough gravel, dirt, puddles, mud and rocky bits to wake up your rusty adventure skills.

Comment

What if we don't have a GPS unit? Also, how expensive is a decent one?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirbstomp View Post
        What if we don't have a GPS unit? Also, how expensive is a decent one?
        No GPS - tag along with someone who has one.

Your GPS question can quickly enter the 'smart phone' vs 'dedicated GPS' pro's and con's debate. Quite a few older posts here on DSBC on the topic.
        Personally I have a Garmin Montana GPS with backroads maps BC loaded.
        Many others use smart phones - buy a cheap rugged one - no need for a SIM card or data package if you have maps loaded and the GPS is good. Or use your everyday smartphone - just protect it well.

Come out and have fun!

Comment

can you give us some kind of hint as to what part of the province this is in

Comment

Originally posted by grewen View Post
            Chilliwack

Comment

Originally posted by grewen View Post
              Let me be a little more specific
              Tamihi is located in the Chilliwack River Valley. Do a search for tamihi and you will get lots of information
              Tom Timmerman
              Past President DSBC

Comment

Where would I find the GPS tracks for this?

Comment

Originally posted by RjH View Post
                  Where would I find the GPS tracks for this?
                  The GPS tracks will be posted on this thread today.
                  On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

The GPS Tracks have now been added to the first post of this thread. You MUST be LOGGED IN as a DSBC user in order to download the zipped file.

Comment

link does not work

Comment

The upper link doesn't work but clicking on the "attached files" link in the box near the end of the posting worked for me.

Comment

If you're not seeing the box with the attachment, try selecting the posts tab instead of latest activity tab. I dunno why I just know that it is.

Comment

Morning.....anyone else having issues with downloading GPS map?
                            I've read and tried all of the above advice...still not able to download.
                            Error message still keeps coming up with "Invalid URL".
                            Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbrownlabrador View Post
                              Morning.....anyone else having issues with downloading GPS map?
                              I've read and tried all of the above advice...still not able to download.
                              Error message still keeps coming up with "Invalid URL".
                              Help!
                              You have to first SAVE the zipped file and then OPEN it with WinZip (or some other Zipped File program). If you don't have Win Zip then you can open the zipped file with Windows. There are 3 files in the zipped file.

Comment

Working...
                              X