What to expect at the campsite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect at the campsite?

Ya I know it has portable toilets and river access (which I'll use if it's not raging) but is there sites with picnic tables, camp fire rings (and depending on the conditions is there wood for a fire), trees for shade etc?

I'm completely setup for multiple days of camping/riding out of my van and I've been to Duffy/Greenstone many times so its it sort of like there or can someone post a few pics of this site?

Really looking forward to this event and I think Aussie Barry might be there for the training day and looking forward to finally meeting him and having a few beers

We setup large tents with tables and chairs, otherwise the site is basically a mowed field - no picnic tables or fire rings. Camp fires are a no-go as it’s typically very dry by then.

There will likely be presentations on the Friday evening - last year Geoff from GP Moto hosted a suspension clinic. We’re hoping to do that again and also working on an intrepid adventurer to do a talk on preparation and setup..... stay tuned.....

Traction ERag are hosting a training course (advanced signup required). I’m not sure who the instructors are as of yet but it doesn’t matter as their crew are all top notch. The training will be Friday during the day so either want to arrive early or come thursday night.

I’m going to take a minute to plug this year’s C route - holy $&@$ it’s awesome. I’m still finalizing but am working on 3 sections. I rode the largest a couple of days ago and it’s 180km / about 4 hours. It goes around many lakes and viewpoints around the area.

Comment

Originally posted by LordEndo View Post
      We setup large tents with tables and chairs, otherwise the site is basically a mowed field - no picnic tables or fire rings. Camp fires are a no-go as it’s typically very dry by then.

There will likely be presentations on the Friday evening - last year Geoff from GP Moto hosted a suspension clinic. We’re hoping to do that again and also working on an intrepid adventurer to do a talk on preparation and setup..... stay tuned.....

Traction ERag are hosting a training course (advanced signup required). I’m not sure who the instructors are as of yet but it doesn’t matter as their crew are all top notch. The training will be Friday during the day so either want to arrive early or come thursday night.

I’m going to take a minute to plug this year’s C route - holy $&@$ it’s awesome. I’m still finalizing but am working on 3 sections. I rode the largest a couple of days ago and it’s 180km / about 4 hours. It goes around many lakes and viewpoints around the area.
      Ya good to know so I'll bring my own Pop tents and table/chairs etc.

I'm fully aware of the fire issues and really don't need one anyway.

I consider myself a reasonably good rider on both my DRZ and CRF but out of shape for hard technical riding so hence I'm doing the C route but will want to do the longest one and as I've mentioned before I'm 100% sure I cannot do 180KM with out getting gas so when you finally post the GPX's of the routes, please confirm if there will be gas available and at what KM mark. You may do this anyway but I'm just covering my ass

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

The tents, chairs, and tables will be setup on Friday afternoon. There will be a large BBQ if you need to use it.

No fires, EVER.
        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Bora20 View Post
          The tents, chairs, and tables will be setup on Friday afternoon. There will be a large BBQ if you need to use it.

No fires, EVER.
          Ya I completely understand the fire issues and just needed to confirm what the site was like and its NOT like Duffy/Greenstone so I'll show up accordingly.

As I said I'll be there some time on Thursday and more than happy to help with what ever

Comment

Here is what you can expect in a video

Best viewed in Full Screen

Tom Timmerman
            Past President DSBC

Comment

I'm messing around with our site hosting etc. so lets see if this video works.

I did this video two years ago to show what can be expected on the C+ route. I believe this year's C+ is a bit more challenging but haven't pre-rode yet. The C route has lots of the 'smooth service roads', a bit of the 'old grades', and pavement (no log crossings).

< edit > Well....can't seem to get the link to work yet. In the meantime the link does take you to the website though......
              < another edit > Haa haa! Success (ish). First link works to the video, but it's not imbedded.
              < yet another edit > Easier and better just to use YouTube as it handles all the resolution and device modifications.

http://loosescrew.dualsportbc.com/fi..._C+_Taster.mp4

Comment

Originally posted by tomcycle View Post
                Here is what you can expect in a video

Best viewed in Full Screen

Well a picture or even better a video paints a 1000 words

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LordEndo View Post
                  I'm messing around with our site hosting etc. so lets see if this video works.

I did this video two years ago to show what can be expected on the C+ route. I believe this year's C+ is a bit more challenging but haven't pre-rode yet. The C route has lots of the 'smooth service roads', a bit of the 'old grades', and pavement (no log crossings).

< edit > Well....can't seem to get the link to work yet. In the meantime the link does take you to the website though......
                  < another edit > Haa haa! Success (ish). First link works to the video, but it's not imbedded.

http://loosescrew.dualsportbc.com/fi..._C+_Taster.mp4
                  I might now think about the B route so thanks for the vid.

OT but is there actually a LIKE feature for posts cus if so i have no idea how to use it.

IMO lots of good info for a first timer so I'm glad I posted this

Comment

Should be in the bottom right corner of your post - I'll click like on yours for example. By liking posts and having posts liked you accumulate 'cred'. This can then be given to others or used to remove cred from others. As you achieve different cred levels, you'll get a different handle and different permissions. One of these days I'll actually finish setting this up and publish it - probably in the winter when I get more time in front of my computer that's not related to work.

Comment

Going to try again - use youtube....it's easier.

Comment

Originally posted by filterx View Post

I might now think about the B route so thanks for the vid.

OT but is there actually a LIKE feature for posts cus if so i have no idea how to use it.

IMO lots of good info for a first timer so I'm glad I posted this
                        I cant speak to what those loopy Loops folks have in store for us this year, but B route has always been epic! Nothing to nasty, mostly single and double track, and near 200km of flowing fun!

Comment

I think this year every route is going up a notch.....

Comment

Originally posted by offworlder View Post

I cant speak to what those loopy Loops folks have in store for us this year, but B route has always been epic! Nothing to nasty, mostly single and double track, and near 200km of flowing fun!
                            Ya I'm sure it will be interesting to meet the members from here and see if a few of use can end up riding together and enjoying what this event is about

Comment

Originally posted by filterx View Post

Ya I'm sure it will be interesting to meet the members from here and see if a few of use can end up riding together and enjoying what this event is about
                              At the riders meeting we have the singles raise their hands so they go together. It is a long day, you probably don't want to be alone.
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X