The Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Routes

The routes have been posted and an email has been sent to all registered.

You will have to download the zip files, open, and then will have the roll charts and GPX files for each of the four routes.
    Dan

Firstly think you all for putting the GPX/Roll Charts together for each route.

Being a first timer, I'm looking at the GPX and Roll Chart for the B route in both Ride Leader and exported to KMZ for Google Earth and I can't confirm what the KM's are from BR-0 to BR-10 (gas)?

Any one who whats to use Ride Leader with the GPX or the KMZ's in Google Earth on there computer, let me know.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I can't edit my previous post and looking closer in Google Earth
      BR-1 to BR-10 is 70.4 KMS
      BR-10 to BR-0 following all way points is 74.6 KMS.

Safely 120KMS on a tank of gas before reserve so if above is correct I don't have to worry about carrying extra gas.

Glad I put on some newer knobby's even before reading the B PDF

Comment

Hey I would like to check out Ride Leader
        What do you know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustic View Post
          Hey I would like to check out Ride Leader
          On line here in a browser http://rideleader.com/

You can play with the GPX in the browser BUT......

At the top right, click on Desktop App which downloads RideLeader.exe. and I moved to the desktop on my laptop and it runs from the exe file without installing

I prefer the desktop app cus no time limit, you can edit the GPX as needed.and save as a KMZ for Google Earth for better viewing etc.

I don't use a Garmin GPS but Rider Leader is IMO easy and free app for GPX's.

hope this helps

Comment

I've been looking at options for doing some short easy rides on Thursday and Friday and IMO for what ever reason Ride Leader has WAY WAY better satellite maps etc for the area than Google Earth.

Not using any of them for editing, planning routes cus the desk top version of Ride Leader is not as good as the web version and Google Earth has way better elevation profiles to follow a route, get KMS of a route etc.

They don't work without an internet connection and not using them on my phone via cell/wifi BUT my Garmin Topo is extremely detailed info for the actual rides.

I could honestly careless cus once I leave Squamish I turn my phone off and don't need internet BUT is there is WIFI at camp site cus if so could do a demo of what I'm talking about if anyone is remotely interested?

Comment

Originally posted by filterx View Post
              I've been looking at options for doing some short easy rides on Thursday and Friday and IMO for what ever reason Ride Leader has WAY WAY better satellite maps etc for the area than Google Earth.

Not using any of them for editing, planning routes cus the desk top version of Ride Leader is not as good as the web version and Google Earth has way better elevation profiles to follow a route, get KMS of a route etc.

They don't work without an internet connection and not using them on my phone via cell/wifi BUT my Garmin Topo is extremely detailed info for the actual rides.

I could honestly careless cus once I leave Squamish I turn my phone off and don't need internet BUT is there is WIFI at camp site cus if so could do a demo of what I'm talking about if anyone is remotely interested?

There is cellular internet which I could provide you, regardless I would enjoy siting down around a table to discuss gps options
              Tom T
              Tom Timmerman
              Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by tomcycle View Post

There is cellular internet which I could provide you, regardless I would enjoy siting down around a table to discuss gps options
                Tom T

Ya I've been wanting to meet you for awhile and maybe Thursday night or Friday at some point over an ICE cold beer

Comment

Originally posted by filterx View Post

Ya I've been wanting to meet you for awhile and maybe Thursday night or Friday at some point over an ICE cold beer
                  I will be there both nights just ask around and you will find me
                  Tom Timmerman
                  Past President DSBC

Comment

I am on the rider list but have received no e-mail with GPS or Route sheet. What now?
                    Electronics Technicians do it 'till their gigahertz

Comment

The reason you didn’t get the route link Roscoe is because you didn’t include an email address with your entry form.

We DO NOT post our routes publicly. Please email
                      the link in the entry form to receive the route in order allow the crew to confirm your registration to the event.

Portions of some of the routes go through private property that we have permission to use for this weekend only. We cannot have the routes posted for everyone or we will lose the ability to use private property, essentially killing the event.
                      Last edited by Bora20; 08-07-2019, 07:56 PM.
                      Dan

Comment

[QUOTE=Bora20;n353272]The reason you didn’t get the route link Rosco, is because you didn’t include an email address with your entry form.

...D'oh
                        Electronics Technicians do it 'till their gigahertz

Comment

Working...
                        X