Many thanks to the DSBC Members from the outgoing President

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks to the DSBC Members from the outgoing President

Its been a long run for me, some 15 years, from the conception of DualSportBC to its benevolent leader. Last night October 23 2018 it all changed. I have enjoyed the ride but like all rides I have run out of gas and need to fill up. I have met many life long friends from this organisation and like everyone within the Dual Sport Community. You are all the best.

Last nights AGM saw a new group of Directors volunteer to take DSBC to the next level. I am excited with the changes and the enthusiasm of the new DSBC directors. Of course everything takes time and that will include my contributions to DSBC, which I hope will be for many years to come.

Below are the new directors and many of you already know them but I will allow them to introduce themselves.

Russ
    Ian
    Anne
    Reece
    Judy

I will be heading to Baja for a break from winter and to recharge the batteries, probably will not be back for the Nuewbee Ride but be at the Loose Screw for sure. In the meantime I will still be hear on the board and report back on how nice it is in Baja.

Congratulation to you all on your positions with DSBC

Tom Timmerman
    Past President, founder
    2004-2018

Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Tom, your tireless efforts and endless passion for the sport and the community have been of immense value, and are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
    Congrats to the new board, thanks for stepping up folks - you've got big shoes to fill.

Here's to a fun filled future of us all riding and enjoying beautiful BC and beyond on two wheels!

Comment

many thx Tom for the moxie to both create and be the designated driver of the DSBC bus that you created.
      a smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

Comment

Tom, 6 years ago you led myself and others on my first newbie ride to places I had no idea my new bike would go. It was a hard grueling day in the rain, where I spent most of the day picking up my bike. You were very inspiring that day, pushing me to keep going when all I wanted to do was turn around and go home. All day I fell for your famous line " Come on, the next section gets easier"
        After that day I was hooked.
        You showed me how trails were built and maintained. When you strapped wet and heavy lumber to my back and directed me down the ledge of Dashboard, or just pounding signage into the ground, I learned how good it felt to belong to a great group of riders helping each other.
        Your weekly ride postings at Tamahi kept me motivated.
        Thank You for your dedication and inspiration, I hope for more of it over the years.

Comment

Well said Chris, I remember it the same way. If it was easy everyone would be doing it!
          The road to hell is paved ..

Comment

Originally posted by offworlder View Post
            Tom, your tireless efforts and endless passion for the sport and the community have been of immense value, and are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
            Congrats to the new board, thanks for stepping up folks - you've got big shoes to fill.

Here's to a fun filled future of us all riding and enjoying beautiful BC and beyond on two wheels!
            Thanks Mark, and also thanks to the new board. Yes I will be riding for the foreseeable future and having lots of fun. will see you out there or right here on the DSBC forum
            Tom Timmerman
            Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by 04klr View Post
              many thx Tom for the moxie to both create and be the designated driver of the DSBC bus that you created.
              The thanks is greatly appreciated, now its time for me to take a passenger seat and enjoy the rest of the ride
              Tom Timmerman
              Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by Cachnutz View Post
                Tom, 6 years ago you led myself and others on my first newbie ride to places I had no idea my new bike would go. It was a hard grueling day in the rain, where I spent most of the day picking up my bike. You were very inspiring that day, pushing me to keep going when all I wanted to do was turn around and go home. All day I fell for your famous line " Come on, the next section gets easier"
                After that day I was hooked.
                You showed me how trails were built and maintained. When you strapped wet and heavy lumber to my back and directed me down the ledge of Dashboard, or just pounding signage into the ground, I learned how good it felt to belong to a great group of riders helping each other.
                Your weekly ride postings at Tamahi kept me motivated.
                Thank You for your dedication and inspiration, I hope for more of it over the years.
                Thanks for your positive view on my somewhat selfish procedures on getting some jobs done on the trails, glad you made it past the "New Guy" designation. See you next year
                Tom Timmerman
                Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by Fbomb View Post
                  Well said Chris, I remember it the same way. If it was easy everyone would be doing it!
                  Yes I remember walking the "Dashboard Trail" for the first time with you. Out of nowhere you announced that you would not hike any further (at the dashboard bridge) and I almost gave up on your enthusiasm for the sport. You then said you would wait for me to return (who knew how long it would take?) and you did, I then thought to myself that you might be redeemable still.

and your right "If it was easy everyone would be doing it!)
                  Tom Timmerman
                  Past President DSBC

Comment

400 meters, I recall. First experience of hiking with Tom (in bike gear) last sensible decision I made
                    The road to hell is paved ..

Comment

Hi Tom...you opened my eyes to the world of trail riding. Your ability, kindness, and patience wrapped in a gruff exterior was/ is an inspiration. The beers and laughter afterwards were almost as fun as the ride. Not many people are willing to step up and do what you do and we thank you for it. Here's to you and many more rides to come!

Comment

Though I live in Alberta and have never ridden with any of the "BC" people, yet, your Site is the one that fuelled my passion for dual sport riding. I joined this site many years ago, then learned that there were a lot of Dual Sport Riders. I try and give back that which was so freely given to me. Thanks for starting and continuing with this Site. Hopefully both my bike, "Canada's Best Japanese Dual Sport" and I will get out and ride in BC soon.

Comment

I haven't meet you and not that involved in DSBC but thanks for all your work, enjoy the Baja and maybe we can hook up and ride Kamloops next summer and I might try to make the Loose Screw 2019 on the DRZ400e

Comment

Working...
                          X