KTM 450 EXC Seat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTM 450 EXC Seat

I Find KTM to have very uncomfortable seat. Does any one have a after market seat for these things new or used. I am on the Baja trip and don't want a sore ride!

imported post

I have the same problem with my Sherco. Great seat off road but painful riding any distance on road.

I bought an AirHawk seat pad made by Roho (they build air cushions for wheel chairs, hospital beds and motorcycles).

www.therohogroup.com

There are lots of on line reviews. I highly recommend their product. Shop around, I paid about 120 bucks for the small cruiser seat pad.

otg

Comment

imported post

http://www.enduroeng.com/CategoryPro...?cat=KTM:Seats

I bought their standard height soft seat for my '06 525 and it was a big improvement over the stock seat. Have done long trips where I end up sitting all day and my butt is ok by the end of the day. Not Gold Wing comfort, but not like your butt is on fire or anything like that.

One thing to note: even though I got the standard height seat instead of the tall seat, I noticed that I sit about an extra 1" higher compared to the stock seat. Not sure if they screwed up and gave me a tall seat or if that's just how these seats are. Might also be because I only weigh like 150 lbs so I don't squish the seat down enough? I dunno.

Comment

imported post

gutsracing .com is another option. i got the soft/wider offroad foam and cover for my ktm. it takes a few days to soften it up,but it's a big improvement over the stock katommie 2x4 and vinyl wrapper setup. i tried an ktm hardparts-soft offroad version first-it was twice as hard as the oem seat??so don't bother with that option.
        you know-once your over the hill,you tend to pick up speed!

Comment

imported post

I sent my DRZ 400seat to Chris at Renazco Racing and it's a world of improvement, they are a little pricey but totally worth it in my opinion

Kerry

Comment

Working...
          X