Bus Ride to the Sheet Iron 300 California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Ride to the Sheet Iron 300 California

This ride is non-competitive and caters to riders of all abilities. The two day ride begins in Stonyford, CA., winding its way to Fort Bragg on Saturday and back on Sunday.

Due to the strict Forest Service laws and our ride being threatened with permanent cancellation, ALL BIKES must meet the 96db noise regulation, have a US Forest Service approved spark arrestor and be LEGALLY licensed and equipped for street use.

NOTE: If you bring your non street-legal motocross bike with your wife’s license plate zip-tied to the back fender, you will not be able to participate in our ride! (This the for the good of the sport, this ride, your bike from being impounded and you from seeing the inside of the county pokey.)

Your bike must be able to go a minimum of 100 miles between fuel stops and be in sound mechanical condition for three hundred miles of trails, dirt roads and pavement. Roll charts and a rider map will be provided to you at sign in after you pass the tech and sound inspection. You will need a Jart style roll chart holder. Please do not try to do the ride with out a roll chart holder, all the information, route and instructions will be on the roll chart.

Camping is available or you may make reservations at any of the Fort Bragg motels.

The Oakland Motorcycle Club provides transportation of small gear bags and your necessary camping equipment to and from Fort Bragg.

Flyer

2009 entries will only be accepted after April 1, 2009.

For more information please contact our Sheetiron hotlines:

Brent.Snyder@oaklandmc.org

510-888-1930

[line]

The bus will again be traveling to the Oakland Motorcycle Clubs Sheet Iron 300, on of the biggest Dual Sport Events around.

Preliminary Pans

[line]

Bus will leave Vancouver Wednesday night May 13 2009

Arrive May 14 at the Stoneyford Rodeo Grounds California around noon

Ride May 15th for some fun

Saturday and Sunday May 16-17 Sheet Iron Dual Sport Event

Monday May 18 Victoria Day Rest Day

Tuesday May 19 One more day of riding

Wednesday May 20 back to Vancouver

[line]

Open to revisions depending on every-ones plans

Depending on schedules some may want the bus to bring their bike and gear and carpool there and back? Maybe ride their street bike to the event?

Room for 5 bikes on the bus can take more with the trailer.

Let me know your plans or ideas by pm or post here

Tom

Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

imported post

Thanks for posting this Tom.

Please reserve space on the bus for my bike. I'll likely drive separately; because I don't want to leave Vancouver until Wednesday night and want to return on the Monday night.

People should be aware that there are some strict rules on registration for this very popular event; so anyone not already affiliated with the GVMC or OMC that wants to attend should register ASAP.

Mark

Comment

imported post

Just got a call from the OMC today (April 8 2009)

500 entrys for the SheetIron

Entries were only accepted after April 1 2009

April 3 all 500 entries are in and the OMC have sending back those entries that did not make it.

So that means you can only attend this event ifyou have a confirmation or a Greater Vancouver Motorcycle Club Member.
      Tom Timmerman
      Past President DSBC

Comment

imported post

So what's the (tentative) head count so far?
        1. Tom
        2. Sharon
        3. Mark
        4. Paul
        5. John
        6. Judy
        7. Guy

Tom, have you replaced the couch on the bus yet?

By all reports this year is going to be a DUSTBOWL. They had very little snowpack and have had no rain in weeks.

Comment

imported post

skidmark43 wrote:
          So what's the (tentative) head count so far?
          1. Tom
          2. Sharon
          3. Mark
          4. Paul
          5. John
          6. Judy Sez no
          7. Guy Sez no
          Tom, have you replaced the couch on the bus yet?
          The couch and the old seats are out being replaced by seats from a 2005 Caravan, with seat beltsShould be in by Orca

By all reports this year is going to be a DUSTBOWL. They had very little snowpack and have had no rain in weeks.
          Tom Timmerman
          Past President DSBC

Comment

imported post

John is now a scratch and Paul is unconfirmed. 4-5 riders on the bus isn't cost-effective, so Tom is inclined to cancel the trip...

Comment

imported post

Hi Guys,

I have been working on getting shifts off work. It has been a bit like pulling teeth!

I'll speak to Tom via telephone soon to see if the trip is still on.

If I can make it, I would be happy to travel down on the Bus or other means.

That couch really does need some suspension mods!

Cheers,

Paul N.

Comment

imported post

Sorry GuysThe trip has been cancelled. Motels needed to be booked and reservations needed to be finalised. I will miss the ride this year

Tom
                Tom Timmerman
                Past President DSBC

Comment

Working...
                X