Motorcycle Show Wrap-up and Show Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Show Wrap-up and Show Report

After months of planning, begging, borrowing, making promises, making threats, making jokes. breaking backs (ours and others) and wondering how it would all come together . . . . . . it's now gone down in history as the BEST Motorcycle Show event ever! . . well, that'smy opinion anyway.

The EnduroCross event could not have happened without the help of all of our DSBC volunteers and friends. We had over 45 people help out this past weekend.

A Special Thanks goes to:
    • skidMark - he put out the word and got us riders, he was our event captain and made sure the races and riders were organized and that the track marshals knew what they were doing
    • Graham (may_hem) - one of the hardest working guys out there. He could also finesse a forklift like you wouldn't believe
    • Brenden - whenever I needed someone to step in and help he was there.
    • Sharon - I left the DSBC booth volunteers in her care and she kept them going.
    • XmikeR - he spent the entire weekend at the Show helping out and hanging off the edge of the ramp on the top of the bus making sure the riders were safe during the races
    • Randy and Dee for proving all of the logs
    • Peter W. for providing the hog fuel and bin
    • Tina and Atlas scafolding for providing the lumber
    • Neil for getting us the tires and for working at the Show all weekend
    • John Vand his expert carpentry skills for building the Wall of Mayhem and the Bus Hop
    • Doug and Minuteman Press for getting us new banners and all of the printed material and photos for the DSBC booth
    • Darren V - for the use of his big truck and crane. He hauled all of the logs to and from the site.
    Of course we know that the EnduroCross would never have happened without Tom's vision of what he thought the track should be.

The Vancouver Show Organizer (Nanette) and the Toronto Show Organizer (Darryl) were amazed with what our club did. We told them what we were going to do and we delivered. The Tradex manager (Bill T.) was impressed that we promised we'd have the track cleared up and the parking lot restored before 5pm on Sunday. We had 2 hours to do it and we did it with time to spare. An army of DSBC members swarmed the track after the final event and it was a beehiveof activity.

I also have to mention that all of this occurred in the FREEZING COLD it may look sunny in the photos but I assureyou it was windy and bone chilling cold!

Of course this event could not have happened without allof the riders.We made a pretty tough course for them andthey took on the challenge and entertained the crowds. There were spills, handlebar crashes, endos, wipeouts and falls. But these riders kept getting up and getting back on their bikes and finishing the race. They were amazing. It was great the see trials bikes competing equally with the dirtbikesand young riders competing with seasoned vetrans (Ted Blow).

Then there was the DSBC booth that each of the volunteers had an opportunity to work. Eventhough we were in an out of the way area we still had a steady stream of people coming by to talk about DS bikesand the club. A big THANKS to Pacific BMW for lending us a couple of bikes and riding gear for the weekend. We had a BMW G450X and a BMW F800GS. For the 5th time in a row DSBC has been awarded theBEST CLUB DISPLAY

Many many photos have been posted in the photo gallery so go check them out -click on this link to the photo gallery http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogall...ry.php?cat=788. I will post a few of my favorites here.

-Judy-

On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

imported post

Some of my favorite photos:

Best seats in the house to watch the stunt riders do their thing

Bridge across the top of the bus

Ramp off of the bus and into the hog fuel bin

Bill (5th Gear) taking his 800lb quad over the bus during the stunt riders display

EnduroCross Rider line-up

Wall of Mayhem

Pit of Dispair (log crossing)

Log jump #1

Tire pit #1

Firewood pit

Log jump #2

Tire pit #2

Up the bus ramp

Bus Bridge

Off the Bus

Into the hog fuel bin

Teardown of the course after the final event on Sunday afternoon. Look at all of those hardworking DSBC volunteers.

On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

imported post

Early on Sunday morning Tom took his BMW X-Challenge on the course. Luckily I was there early enough to get some photos:

Comment

imported post

Here's a short video of Tomriding the Wall of Mayhem:

http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogall...788&page=1

Comment

imported post

The biggest thanks goes out to Judy for busting her ass once again and making this happen.

Comment

imported post

WOW!.

Good job guys

U guys sure know how to set up an impressivedisplay

Makes me proud to be a DSBC member .

I wish I could have been there to help

Well all those DSBC banners aught to make this website verry busy

My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot...

Comment

imported post

I would like to add my thanks to Judy for doing a bang up job of keeping everyone and everything on time and on course. Thanks a lot JUDYfor all of your hard work.

Thanks to all the DSBC helpers who manned the booth with me. You guys rock.!

Without all of your help talking to people, it wouldn't have come together as well as it did.

To Robert and Cynthia, thanks for hanging out at the Kawasaki booth and handing out the DSBC tent cards and talking to the up and coming riders, that may not have made it out to the frozen north of the tent.

But did we not luck out with the weather!! Ok it was c o l d !! no question, but we could not have asked for better weather for the outdoor arena. I mean really ...it snowed again today (Tue)! arggh.

You guys that worked on the outdoorarena and made it all come together. Awesome job!! I heard a lot of talk about how great that was! Judging by the turnout of people, it was a fantastic show.

Comment

imported post

Nice display for sure.....you all looked like the "Hamsters MC Club" in the States with your Yellow Hoodies.

Sweet weather this year to.....didn't see puddles of water roaming the floors !!!

Comment

imported post

I finally got around to posting a short video on YouTube of one lap around the EnduroCross course.

click on the link and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59kJyQWCbns

-Judy-

Comment

imported post

My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot...

Comment

imported post

Great video Judy, that really shows what the riders had to go through and the absolutely fantastic job that was done to make that track as good as it was!!

Comment

imported post

Just a real quick note from one of the clean up crew who helped with the teardown - the work that Tom and Judy do for our club is incredible. The booth was awesome, the track was unbelievable and everything was so professionally organized. I couldn't help with the making or setting up of the track but helping with the teardown gave me a small appreciation for the amount of work and organization that went into making DSBC's participation in this years Bike Show the incredible success that it was. Thanks again Judy and Tom (and of course to all of the other volunteers who offered up their labour, their machinery and equipment and materials) You guys rock!

David

Comment

imported post

well said........ i was hoping to get one of them dual sport stickers. maybe one day soon. Ed

davidm wrote:
                          Just a real quick note from one of the clean up crew who helped with the teardown - the work that Tom and Judy do for our club is incredible. The booth was awesome, the track was unbelievable and everything was so professionally organized. I couldn't help with the making or setting up of the track but helping with the teardown gave me a small appreciation for the amount of work and organization that went into making DSBC's participation in this years Bike Show the incredible success that it was. Thanks again Judy and Tom (and of course to all of the other volunteers who offered up their labour, their machinery and equipment and materials) You guys rock!

David

Comment

Working...
                          X