Will DSBC be at the 2010 M/C Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DSBC be at the 2010 M/C Show?

There has been some talk as to whether or not DualSportBC will have a booth at the 2010 Vancouver motorcycle Show.

The good news . . . . . The Show Organizers have saved a booth for us.

Over the years DSBC has had a booth at the Show (except for 2008 . . but that's a whole other story) and every year that we have built a display we have won the 'Best Booth Display" prize. So we have a bit of a reputation to live up to.

So having said that.. . . is there anyone or a group of members that would be interested in taking on this project for 2010?

I have done this for the last 5 years and unfortunately due to time constraints and other events I just don't have the time to head up this project this year. I, along withTom, would be willing to give advice and help out anyone that takes on this project.

I need to know fairly quickly so I can let the Show Organizers give the booth space to someone else if we won't be there.

PM me if you are interested.

-Judy-

On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

imported post

Judy,

What does the job entail? I assume designing and then getting the both setup the day or two before the show with volunteers. Herding the cats to man the both during the show to talk to people and hand out some kind of propaganda script.

Do have to do another race course?

Comment

imported post

franhoser wrote:
      Judy,

What does the job entail?
      I assume designing and then getting the both setup the day or two before the show with volunteers. - YES
      Herding the cats to man the both during the show to talk to people and hand out some kind of propaganda script. - YES
      Do have to do another race course? - NO

On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

imported post

I will volunteer the Bruce Market Breakfast gang. We will put something together. Put us down and we will meet Sunday to discuss.

Lev

Comment

imported post

EXCELLENT

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Bruce's Market Gang!! I will let the Show Organizers know that we are in and I will pay for the booth space.

Keep me posted on what you are doing and when I get the information package I will pass it off to you folks

-Judy-

Comment

imported post

Lev...

Keep me in the loop. I may not make it out for brekkie....but I am in for helping out!

Comment

imported post

I am wondering if the booth will have power available.

Maybe we could play a video?

After i finish my short (secret) video for another thread i will check back

Guess i am thinking i could just stick a bunch of pieces of my
              youtube videos (posted on site) together.

[size=6]al

Comment

imported post

I would like you guys (show Organisers)to use the DSBC Wiki for information and organisation of this event

Just sign up and JD will set u up for the wiki, if you have questions about the wiki just pm me

http://dualsportbc.com/wiki/VancouverMCshow

I have alread started with some basic information jsut go ahead and add

Tom

Tom Timmerman
                Past President DSBC

Comment

imported post

Booth prep is working out great, a couple of sneak peek pics of the mock up and one of the display bikes.

Comment

Working...
                  X