• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nubie ride sunday march 20 2011 tamihi campground chilliwack

NUBIE RIDE SUNDAY MARCH 20 2011 TAMIHI CAMPGROUND CHILLIWACK

Details will be posted as they are figured out

Start 10 am - The first riders out will leave the start area at 10:00am

Trail Pass Yes - This event is FREE to Trail Pass holders. We ask that you have BCORMA Trail Pass to participate in this event. JavaJude will be at the Newbie Ride selling Trail Passes for anyone that needs one. The cost is $60 that supports DSBC and off road riding in BC. The Trail Pass is voluntary and we will be on the honour system when it comes to enforcement. Want to know more about the Trail Pass www.bcorma.ca

Breakfast Yes - The Christian Motorcycle Association will once again be making breakfast for us. Cost for this awesome meal is $7.

EZ Loop Yes - There will be a "C" route with a little bit of everything. Dress warm as there will be some pavement sections.

Harder Loop Yes - Hawk and MikeO will be laying out this course. Be warned, they have been up there all winter cutting and clearing new trails. It'll Be Fun!!

Test Rides Maybe - Dealers are being called and asked to join us.

BBQ Lunch After the Ride YES - Our sponsor Pacific Motorsports will be hosting a BBQ after the ride. Come by and talk to the staff and take at look at some of the bikes they will be bringing out.
    Last edited by JavaJude; 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM. Reason: updating information
    Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Great news Tom!

Let me know if you want to avail yourself of the offer I made you over the phone ...

Daniel

Comment

If you don't have your Trail Pass you can purchase one from me at the Newbie Ride. I will also have ball caps available for sale. If you buy both then I will give you a deal.
      On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

...and toques?
        http://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by TW_rider View Post
          ...and toques?
          maybe - if someone asks for one really nicely.

I have to check my stock and see how many (if any) I have. If I have some I will bring them.
          On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

How much is the trail pass for the newbie ride? Also how long is the ride as I work on Sunday's so I am trying to figure out if I can make it?

Comment

Wish I could come to this...the fall one was great but no go with riding...had knee surgery a few weeks ago! Have fun!
              2013 BMW F800GS
              advgrrl.com

Comment

To purchase a Trail Pass from DSBC the cost is $60.

I will be at the Flat Tire Social this Sunday (March 13) selling Passes and I will have them available at the Spring Newbie Ride next Sunday.

I can take cheque, cash or credit card. If you want to purchase a ball cap they are $15.

Trail Pass plus a ball cap is $70

Comment

I'm not insured yet this year... do we need to be plated for this?

Comment

Originally posted by rz35027 View Post
                    I'm not insured yet this year... do we need to be plated for this?
                    If you are riding the "C" course you have to be plated as there will be some pavement sections.

At least $200,000 3rd party liability insurance is required by the Provincial Government if you ride on any Forest Service Roads in BC, whether they are deactivateded or active.

If you are riding the "A/B" course then at the very least you HAVE to HAVE 3rd party liability insurance. You can purchase this on-line at the BCORMA website.

Comment

Pacific Motorsports (formerly known as Pacific Yamaha/BMW) will be hosting a BBQ after the Newbie Ride. Make sure to visit the staff and thank them for taking on this task.

Comment

The $60 BCORMA pass is an annual fee. That breaks down to less than $.25/day. DSBC is a strong supporter of BCORMA, and IMHO, its a very reasonable price to pay for a critical voice in our community. While these trails (ie: the NewBie ride, etc...) are certainly not exclusive, asking folks to support BCORMA when participating in DSBC rides is simply a great way to garner support/awareness for BCORMA.

Comment

I give money to the United Way, a Kid in South America, Hookers and most importantly to keeping our Riding areas and Forest Service Roads open.

My point is, it's about balance. I like to help worthy causes, but I need an outlet too!
                          Last edited by North; 03-11-2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

For markymcd and anyone else who doesn't understand what the $60 trail pass is all about take a look at what is happening south of the line:

http://www.soundrider.com/current/ma...nds-policy.htm

This is what's happening in the USA and there are some very well organized and determined groups, such as Trails BC, who are determined that the same policies should be enacted here.

Tom wasn't kidding or exaggerating when he said we are in danger of losing the trails in the Chilliwack River Valley, but it's not just the trails that the "non-motorized" crowd want to kick us out of, it's the FSRs too. And if we don't have a strong organization to speak for us we will lose the right to ride those roads. BCORMA is the best advocate we have and if you ride a dual-sport motorcycle and don't feel you should contribute $60 to BCORMA to protect your right to ride it where and when you want then you have no clue about what is happening.

John
                            Last edited by Farp; 03-11-2011, 06:57 PM.
                            A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Comment

Good to see those posts removed, that kind of discussion does little to promote anything that this site stands for.

My offering is that this is promoted as a Newbie/Nubie ride? My understanding is that this means for Beginners to Dualsport as opposed to one of the Regular events that occur. I don't see an issue with the Trail Pass at all and appreciate the work that the members do for all of us.

Suggesting that for this one and only Newb event the Trail Pass could be waived, and perhaps an incentive involved for those that appear with said Pass. The notion being that as a Newb event you are not only promoting Dualsport riding, at the same time showing where Trail Pass $ are going so to speak. Newbs would have to make the decision on their own whether to THEM it was a worthy cause with validity.

Just my inflational pennies worth

Comment

Working...
                              X