Nubie ride sunday march 20 2011 tamihi campground chilliwack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Report!!

The sun gods and Mother Nature sure did smile down upon us on Sunday . We could not have asked for better weather in the middle of March!!

At the Rider's Meeting I counted 91 people just giddy with pre-ride anticicpation. It was a beautiful sight!! More people showed up later, so I guess it's safe to assume that we had over 100 riders!! This was the best attended Spring Newbie Ride yet!! Thank you to everyone that showed up.

The Christian Motorcycle Club once again out did themselves and prepared an over-the-top breakfast. This is such a fantastic organization that always provides a great service for us. Much thanks to Juanita and her crew

THANK YOU PACIFIC MOTOSPORTS for hosting the BBQ lunch. That was a wonderful treat to come back to after being out on the trails. Pacific has been hosting lunch for the Newbie Ride for the last few years and all their efforts are very much appreciated. In fact, Pacific is one of DSBC's first sponsors from many years ago and they have always done their best for us. Also, thank you Pacific for bringing out a few demo bikes for all of us to try out.

It was also great to have several other sponsors come out for a day of riding with us:
    MOD, MTR Motorsports, Britannia Composites, Western Powersports, 5th Gear, Gnarly Parts and our newest sponsors - International Motorsports.

Thank you to all of those people who bought their Trail Pass today . It was nice to meet new faces and see some old friends.

And last but certainly not least - Thank you Neil and MikeO for arrowing the A/B route and thank you Tom for clearing trails and helping me organize this event. Lots of thanks to those guys that got recruited Sunday morning to assist on the C+ options (Mark, Scott, Bob, Walt, Claude, John, other Scott, Peter, MikeD, sorry if I forgot anyone).

I have photos that I will post, hopefully soon.

-Judy-

ps. someone left a helmet behind, I think I know who it belongs to. Send me a msg if it's yours and I'll get it back to you.
    On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

• I shot a couple videos on the muddy single track hill climb. Sorry, no video processing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1cPm-RTwB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5eEzgsN26U

Comment

• Here is one of the single track sections on a KTM 990R

http://www.chainslayer.com/video/211

Great event. Thanks to all the organizers.
        Last edited by radek; 03-22-2011, 01:07 AM. Reason: embed code didnt work so here is a link

Comment

• Another awesome ride put on by DSBC and sponsors!

Thanks for putting this together. Obviously a lot of work went into trail prep, marking, sponsor organization, and food. It was very much appreciated by me, and anybody I talked to as well. Excellent group of riders, both on the trails and chatting around the bikes.

Thanks to Neil and others getting the KLR through that ugly section in the vid above. Sometimes youthful enthusiasm speaks louder than the voice of reason.

See you guys out there!

Travis

Comment

• Here is another video. Riding up one of the roads http://www.chainslayer.com/video/213

Comment

• Originally posted by Ti welder View Post
              Great day
              Good to see Tom gettin hen pecked for ridein ORANGE.
              Thanks!
              There is more truth to this than you can imagine. Tom was was the victim of a grouse attack. The killer grouse chased him down the trail and landed on his back. Good thing for wearing helmets or it could have been messy. She probably didn't like orange either

otg

Comment

• Newbie Ride Video

Alright, here is my video of the Newbie Ride.

The best part is at 2:54. Who was that guy on the pumpkin? I was a little annoyed when it happened, but when I saw the video, it was great! Well worth taking a muddy shower for.

Last edited by SouthPoint; 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM. Reason: Updated video link
                What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong.

Comment

• Alright, here is my video of the Newbie Ride.
                  Great job, Ted. I really enjoyed it, especially the part at 2:54 LOL
                  John
                  A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Comment

• Wow, soaking a guy as you pass him at the newbie ride. Class act. I'm suprised you didn't go postal on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strongleftleg View Post
                      Wow, soaking a guy as you pass him at the newbie ride. Class act. I'm suprised you didn't go postal on him.
                      Unfortunately, I forgot to load my fork mounted machine gun.

Oh well, that's why we make videos - to laugh at each others misfortunes.
                      What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthPoint View Post
                        Alright, here is my video of the Newbie Ride.

The best part is at 2:54. Who was that guy on the pumpkin? I was a little annoyed when it happened, but when I saw the video, it was great! Well worth taking a muddy shower for.
                        Nice Vid. My favorite part was at exactly 7:36. That'll teach him for not giving me a deal on a Leatherman.

Comment

• Here are some of my photos . . . . . better late than never!

You can't beat a breakfast like this at the beginning of a ride!

Everyone listening to Tom at the Rider's Meeting

Random photos of stuff

Thank you again Pacific Motosports for hosting lunch for us

Dave bringing a new tire home

A very happy rider after a very happy ride!
                          On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

• I was right behind you when that happend, looked like a clean pass to me , if you were on the throttle you never would of got a sunami shower lmao.

Comment

Working...
                            X