X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Newbie Ride INFORMATION

8th Annual DSBC Spring Newbie Ride & Social

When: Sunday March 24th, 2013

Where: Chilliwack, British Columbia (only one hour East of Vancouver): Tamihi Staging Area just off Chilliwack Lake Road. (Corner of Chilliwack Lake Road and Tamihi Liumchen FSR)

Cost: FREE (but we ask riders to have a 2013 BCORMA TrailPass)

Time: 8:30am meet for breakfast at Tamihi Staging Area
    10 am 'Last Rider Out'

This popular ‘first organized dual-sport event of the season in Canada’ should host more than 100 riders. We hope you've kept your calendar clear.

Skill Level: There is something for everyone. The main (EZ) route is on logging, jeep and ATV roads + asphalt. There will be puddles, wet leaves & rocks and likely some mud. With experienced riders lending a hand it will be easy enough for any rider on any bike. Advanced riders will have the opportunity to take guided 'hard' routes into single tracks and up to (through?) the snow line that will challenge them.

RAIN or SHINE !

This event is popular and has been a huge success each of the past seven years. More than an event for 'new' riders, this has proven to be a great start-of-season for many of us. Don't be shy...

Coffee, hot breakfast & bbq lunch will again be prepared by our friend Donna from the GREATER VANCOUVER MOTORCYCLE CLUB. Up at the crack of dawn so that we can enjoy our caffeine, protein & carbs for a nominal charge. After the ride enjoy a BBQ lunch, and maybe talk with Donna about their club & the rides they have planned this year.

2013 BCORMA TrailPasses will be available for sale on-site. Have a voice in this province while supporting DSBC & local trails. www.bcorma.ca

This event comes together as a result of the financial support of many lower mainland businesses. Many will be on site & riding the event – please take every opportunity to meet them & check out their offerings. Their may even be demo equipment on-site...
    -- You're not done until the gorilla says you're done. --

Some of you may want to camp-over on the Saturday night...

We'll be at the Tamihi Creek (East) Recreation Site. It is suitable for RVs of any size as well as tenting. Reservations aren't required - but probably a good idea as the campground is small & popular with a variety of recreationists. Reservations can be made by contacting the Host / Operator from Monday-Wednesday 6-9 pm at (604) 824-2883. This site only takes CASH. Gates are locked from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.

Driving Directions:Follow BC-1 E from Vancouver and take exit 119A onto Vedder Road now turn left at Chilliwack Lake Road and drive 12 km.

Comment

I rode this last year for my first time on a plated xr 250 but now I have a dirt only bike can I still do the route or do you need to have a plate for some sections?

Comment

You need to have liability insurance because you will be riding / crossing forestry roads. This is available through BCORMA's "Platinum" Annual Trailpass Program. You do not have to have a plate to ride the B route with HARD options.
        Hope to see you at the event again,
        Mark

Originally posted by Dirty Ninja View Post
        I rode this last year for my first time on a plated xr 250 but now I have a dirt only bike can I still do the route or do you need to have a plate for some sections?

Comment

The EZ Adventure "C" Route has been arrowed, GPS'd and Route Sheets are done!!!!!! As skidmark has said this is route for a new rider or anyone on a bigger DualSport bike. We are doing something new for the Spring Newbie Ride Adventure "C" EZ route . Should I tell you or should you just come out and find out for yourself?

GPS tracks are available for the Adventure route ONLY. Email me at [email protected] Tell me your name and DSBC nickname when you email me to request the tracks or I can't send them to you . Don't PM me a request because I won't see it in time to send you anything . Route sheets will also be available for the Adventure route at the event

You will have to be plated and insured to ride the Adventure route as you will be on some paved roads.

If you have any questions about this route post them here.

Judy
          On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

How much does camping cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              How much does camping cost?
              I believe they charge $15 per night. You could try calling them (Post #2 above) but it's probably too late for reservations so it will be 'first come'...

Comment

Hmm I can afford to go camping and riding this weekend, or I can afford the trail pass. I guess I'm staying home and buying a trail pass online.

Maybe I'll ride out Sunday of its not too cold and I can siphon enough gas out of the lawnmower.
                Last edited by Dan; 03-21-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Dan

Siphon the gas, thats a good idea, dont forget to take in the bottles that you promised the kids, check the ashtray in the truck and the back of the couch

The riding will be spectacular Saturday and Sunday

Tom
                  Tom Timmerman
                  Past President DSBC

Comment

There's probably a few liters left in the jeep too. The truck has half a tank, but it's propane.

Comment

Or just collect the empties that you find along the way....
                      http://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by TW_rider View Post
                        Or just collect the empties that you find along the way....
                        ^^this person is very intelligent

Comment

save me a camp spot

Comment

2013 BCORMA Trail Pass.

Originally posted by skidmark43 View Post
                            8th Annual DSBC Spring Newbie Ride & Social

When: Sunday March 24th, 2013

Where: Chilliwack, British Columbia (only one hour East of Vancouver): Tamihi Staging Area just off Chilliwack Lake Road. (Corner of Chilliwack Lake Road and Tamihi Liumchen FSR)

Cost: FREE (but we ask riders to have a 2013 BCORMA TrailPass)

Time: 8:30am meet for breakfast at Tamihi Staging Area
                            10 am 'Last Rider Out'

This popular ‘first organized dual-sport event of the season in Canada’ should host more than 100 riders. We hope you've kept your calendar clear.

Skill Level: There is something for everyone. The main (EZ) route is on logging, jeep and ATV roads + asphalt. There will be puddles, wet leaves & rocks and likely some mud. With experienced riders lending a hand it will be easy enough for any rider on any bike. Advanced riders will have the opportunity to take guided 'hard' routes into single tracks and up to (through?) the snow line that will challenge them.

RAIN or SHINE !

This event is popular and has been a huge success each of the past seven years. More than an event for 'new' riders, this has proven to be a great start-of-season for many of us. Don't be shy...

Coffee, hot breakfast & bbq lunch will again be prepared by our friend Donna from the GREATER VANCOUVER MOTORCYCLE CLUB. Up at the crack of dawn so that we can enjoy our caffeine, protein & carbs for a nominal charge. After the ride enjoy a BBQ lunch, and maybe talk with Donna about their club & the rides they have planned this year.

2013 BCORMA TrailPasses will be available for sale on-site. Have a voice in this province while supporting DSBC & local trails. www.bcorma.ca

This event comes together as a result of the financial support of many lower mainland businesses. Many will be on site & riding the event – please take every opportunity to meet them & check out their offerings. Their may even be demo equipment on-site...
                            Please clarify. Is it best to buy trailpass at event or online ahead of time?

Comment

was looking forward to this, but a cager ran into me this afternoon, f-ed up my RHS foorpeg and rear brake lever..... ICBC wont even look at it till Monday.....

Comment

Working...
                              X