No announcement yet.

Spring Newbie Ride INFORMATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great event as usual. I think last time I made it was a few years ago. i'm impressed with all the trails work you guy's have done over the years out there. starting to be a pretty established place with trails.

Comment

timmermans husky climbed the slash hill better than your phat kaboom, mr 2.0

Comment

What a great Newbie Ride!!! Thank youto all the riders that came out and enjoyed the day. If you alldidn't show up then we wouldn't be putting this event on.

The official bike count was 140!!!

Thanks to all the people that have beenworking really hard all winter to get the “B” route cleared andready for this ride. Tom, Neil, Mike O, Scott, Mark, Peter, Chrisand all the rest of you. You put in lots of time and hard workclearing debris, digging out trails, cleaning deadfall, buildingbridges and cutting and finding trails. I'm sure all the riders onthe “B” and Hard route had a great time.

Thanks to Donna and her sister formaking breakfast and lunch, it was fantastic. And to Neil for bringthe coffee!!!

Thank you to Bill from 5thGear and Maple Ridge Motorsports for supplying the prizes for theAdventure route poker run.

Thank you SkidMark, Sheldon and Sharonfor being at the checkpoints on the Adventure Route.

And last but not least THANK YOU Neilfor noticing the oil spewing out of my case. I surely would haveridden my bike dry and had a really bad day if you had not seen that. Now I just need to get the seal replaced.

Next event is the Orca Run!! Check outthe details on the forum.
        On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

On behalf of all the guys that spent time working to make sure the B was clear and the HARD route was HARD, Thanks for coming and supporting us. All you guys and girls are the best ambassadors of off road motorcycling. Working on a event with no idea of how many will show up is always a little concerning come the day of the event, but as usual you guys never let us down. From Myself and all those involved with the 2013 Spring NoObEi Ride, it was our pleasure to provide you a day away from your spring cleaning chores.

Next Stop Orca Run and then full speed to the Loose Screw

Tom T
          Tom Timmerman
          Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by Orido View Post

Anything that can get you McNuckle Heads to talk about, must have been worth while doing.
            Tom Timmerman
            Past President DSBC

Comment

Thanks to all of the volunteers, I had a great time. I met some new friends and saw some old ones. I also learned what happens when an off-road noob takes a KLR650 on the B course. I received a new badge of honor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	motor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	217614
              Last edited by rfdavid; 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM. Reason: messing with picture

Comment

Great ride!!!! My kids can finally kick their old mans ass.
                Thanks to the gentleman who rode my bike up the last 50 m of the clearcut.
                Mr. Timmerman you suceeded in breaking me on that clearcut.

Leedam

Comment

I'm proof that its not the bike that gets you to the top of the hill , but rather the rider.

Comment

The volenteers were absolutely awesome at the event. Everyone was extremely patient when someone in my group had an unplanned "off" on the C course! Great bunch of folks.

Comment

Remember, you can never have too much trailer.

Now Cristina wants to get a bike.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has done it yet, but I am planning to go around half of the C route to remove all the signage. I will go up from the Slesse side, up Army road and follow the route out along the bench to Chilliwack Lake road. If someone else wants to do the Tamihi/Vedder side....?
                        http://dr650rider.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by skidmark43 View Post
                          On behalf of all of us, you're welcome.
                          Maybe you could show us around your part of the Cariboo later this summer?
                          Absolutley, we will head up Windy mountain and you will enjoy the view.

Comment

Mine is fatter than his! ha ha. I got the bottom of the hill on video but forgot to turn it back on for the top part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb8U5...VVeWtcDS0489Dg

Comment

Working...
                            X