• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NooBeE Pre Ride march 16/17 weekend

Final weekend before the Spring NooB ride

Most of the route has been cleared, now its time to Arrow the routes,

The Hard Route

• Some minor clearing on the trails close to the Tamihi Campground.
      • Probably 2 or three guys with a saw and some arrows

• Would like to have the arrowing done for the routes farthest from the Start/finish area of Tamihi.
      • Will need about 6 guys. ride in groups of 3. Leader knows the route and the two helpers follow his instructions and staple up the arrows. This goes fairly quick and is a great way to get some riding in.

• Dashboard Single Track
      • There is a small bridge that has collapsed, we need to rebuild the bridge. Probable need 4 guys with some construction experience.
      • Bridge will need to be at least 12 feet long. Will have to put some sleepers in on each side. We were thinking using local site materials for the sleepers and trusses and using 4x6x36 decking (I have this already) All materials must be hauled to the site by motorcycle. someone with chainsaw experience would be an asset. I would like to see the main work on Saturday so if any finishing that may be required could be done on Sunday. Anyone out there want to head up this project? Neil?

As you can see there is a lot of work to get the Hard route completed so if you have a couple of free hours we would appreciate it, just post here and let us know what you can help on

The Adventure Route

This is where Judy jumps in with the details, she will need similar help with arrowing the entire Adventure Route
    Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Thinking about coming out on Sat to help, can a Ural with a side car do the C stuff? Got a friend want to join us.

DP

Comment

Originally posted by Donger View Post
      Thinking about coming out on Sat to help, can a Ural with a side car do the C stuff? Got a friend want to join us.

DP
      Ural with a sidecar can help, is it 2wd and can you ride like Mr Cobb?

TT
      Tom Timmerman
      Past President DSBC

Comment

Im going to need more than just a ural to make all this happen

I also had dreams of getting a bunch of trail signage installed. Good job for a ural rider and a couple of helpers

TT
        Tom Timmerman
        Past President DSBC

Comment

Tom, I have visitors from out of town this weekend leaving sunday morning. I'm not sure if I can make it there for 9am, but will come out to help as soon as I can get there. I'm still not super sure on where all the trail heads are as I just follow you guys normally. Is there a map on our site somewhere?

Ian

Comment

I'll be out Sat and Sunday. 9:00 am at Tamahi. Yup I'll voluntold for bridge construction.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
              I'll be out Sat and Sunday. 9:00 am at Tamahi. Yup I'll voluntold for bridge construction.
              Should be up in the area friday night and saturday looks mostly free. Will head to the worksite directly and find some stringers
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Ti welder View Post
                Should be up in the area friday night and saturday looks mostly free. Will head to the worksite directly and find some stringers
                maybe you can take up the decking, same stuff we were talking about for garden. I can bring it to Tamihi but that on the wrong side of the mountain.

TT
                Tom Timmerman
                Past President DSBC

Comment

Still need a couple of volunteers to pound in some signage posts.

Its easy, I have all the stuff. you have to carry a sledge hammer and a post hole pounder, not sure if the Ural is showing up if so he can carry the fiberglass posts and tools otherwise we need three guys to carry the stuff.

Only riding to trail access points so easy to reach for any size bike or quad.

Tom
                  Tom Timmerman
                  Past President DSBC

Comment

Looks like I got some of the Right Nuts ATV club to haul the materials to the entrance of Dashboard on Saturday Morning

Still need some strong boys to do construction

TT
                    Tom Timmerman
                    Past President DSBC

Comment

I need someone with a PU truck or van to haul my trailer from Tamihi Campground to the Vance Rd drop off point. about 15 kms from campsite

I am camping at Tamihi and have the motorhome

Trailer is 12 feet and not heavy maybe 1000 lbs no brakes required

Post here if you can help, I will check here later

Saturday Morning 0830 at Tamihi

Thanks T
                      Tom Timmerman
                      Past President DSBC

Comment

I'll be there on Sunday to mark the Adventure route and to help out where ever else is needed. Farp says he's coming out to help also

Tamahi 9:00am (unless we are meeting for breakfast somewhere first)

Judy
                        On the internet you can be anything you want . . . . . It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Dont need the pu got it done by myself

still need strong backs.
                          Tom Timmerman
                          Past President DSBC

Comment

We appreciate all the work folks. Lots to do! Thanks.

I hope I can be the first to fall down on Neil's bridge.

(I won't be helping - just enjoying the results of your labours)

Comment

Just had a look
                              Wish I had earlier.
                              I am at the vance raod end and get up stupid early. Let me know what time you will be out.I have the small saw. Just need to sharpen it. Any one have some gas mixed?
                              The back is feelin fair and have the weeks bs to work out so should be good to go. Got to check out around noon. We might help Jude and Farp with the C loop on sunday as I have the big bike here. Wahoo, Lets do some construction and RIDE !!

Scott
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X