Newbie ride pilgrimage !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie ride pilgrimage !

Here's a thread to arrange rides out to and back from this Sunday's coming Newbie ride.
    Gather together all ye dual-sporters, for the annual pilgrimage to the Newbie ride ! From afar they come, to bask in the mud, and share the dirt !

I'm heading out from the UBC area early Sun morning, anyone want to join up en route ?

If I have a bike by then count me in!... ...

Comment

Yes! Should be able to scrounge up a few more too...

Dave
      www.MotoOverland.com

Comment

I'm planning on riding out from Mission if anybody wants to hook up.

Comment

I'm in coming from North Van. Probably meet up with twowheels somewhere and then head. Perhaps Boundry and Grandview? Time?

Comment

Will be taking the "scenic route" - back roads, and avoiding the #1. Hwy 91 to #10, then along 8th ave to Chilliwack....

Comment

What kind of time were you thinking of riding out? I'm trying to decide if I should ride from squish, or sling it in the truck to get down.

Comment

Three or four of us are leaving on bikes from Port Moody (St. John's 7-11 area) on Sunday morning if anyone wants people to ride with. We're a friendly bunch, so send me a PM if anyone wants to meet some riders before the event, or are just looking for people to go with. (Especially new folks that might not know anyone else attending the event!)

Comment

Originally posted by BCP View Post
                  What kind of time were you thinking of riding out? I'm trying to decide if I should ride from squish, or sling it in the truck to get down.
                  Bit of a cruise on the 250. I'd take the truck, so you're able to (stay warm :-) enjoy the event.

Comment

Originally posted by offworlder View Post
                    Will be taking the "scenic route" - back roads, and avoiding the #1. Hwy 91 to #10, then along 8th ave to Chilliwack....
                    Hi Mark,

That's pretty much the route I'm going to be taking except instead of 8th avenue I'll be riding 0 avenue starting at 184 St. I prefer 0 avenue because the only stop sign on it between 184th and Abbotsford is at the 264th St. border crossing - and there's never any traffic on it. Turn north off 0 ave at Townline which takes you up to Huntingdon Rd and then ride east on Huntingdon which changes to Vye Rd. Head east on Vye Rd. and work your way up to Yarrow where you can get gas, and from Yarrow it's only about 10 miles to the Tamahi campground.

John
                    A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Comment

John,

Sounds good, although I'd continue along Eastward a little farther, and take Fraser Hwy, and head South to 0 ave at 264th.
                      If this sounds agreeable, how's about we meet at the exit to PacMo (Westminister Hwy) along the Richmond Connector (1km or so before the Alex Fraser bridge) @ 8:00 am ?

Comment

I'm leaving North Van early Sunday morning if I can tag along with anyone

Comment

anybody know off hand what time the ride kicks off

Comment

Originally posted by road warrior View Post
                            anybody know off hand what time the ride kicks off
                            Coffee will be available before 8am.
                            Breakfast will be available from 8:30 until sell-out (please plan to support these guys).
                            Tom, Judy & I will probably start the riders meeting around 9:45. The 'last rider' should be out a little after 10:15.
                            Lunch will be available from 1pm until sell-out...

Looking forward to y'all joining us.

Mark
                            -- You're not done until the gorilla says you're done. --

Comment

Originally posted by offworlder View Post
                              John,

Sounds good, although I'd continue along Eastward a little farther, and take Fraser Hwy, and head South to 0 ave at 264th.
                              If this sounds agreeable, how's about we meet at the exit to PacMo (Westminister Hwy) along the Richmond Connector (1km or so before the Alex Fraser bridge) @ 8:00 am ?
                              Mark, I've made the trip out to the eastern valley hundreds times and I've tried and retried every route so many times I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I've done them all. Trust me it's a lot. Fraser hwy looks good on the map but in reality it's clogged with traffic, even early Sunday morning. I don't know what it is about that road but there is a significant percentage of drivers who just can't seem to do the speed limit, they're always 10 to 15 km/hr under, it's a very difficult road to pass on, and the traffic is always bottled up behind these slowpokes. No thank you to Fraser Hwy.

The route I favour is based on a lot of experience and it is by far the best way to get there from Ladner. If I were coming from the Dunbar area I'd take Oak St to Hwy 99 and get off 99 at 8th avenue and cut down to 0 at 184th. Or if that's too much freeway there are other alternates but I'll leave that up to you.

The route I'm gonna take is: Hwy 10 > Hwy 99 > 8th Ave > 184th St > 0 Ave > Townline > Huntingdon/Vye > Powerhouse > Wells Line > Inter Provincial > Campbell > Town Rd > Boundary > Yarrow Central (stop in Yarrow to fill up tank) > Vedder Mtn Rd > Chilliwack lake Rd > Tamahi Campsite. I'll be at 0 Ave and 184th St at 8:15, if you want to meet me there at that time, or at some other place along this route I'd be glad to ride the rest of the way with you. If not we can meet up at the campsite and do the ride together. I'll be on the Terra so I'll be riding the adventure route. I helped tag it last Sunday so I know the route and it's a good one. Lots of fun.

John
                              A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X