Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Bar to Tulameen

Hi Guys,

See below. This week (starting tomorrow) we are riding a loop from Darcy over Highline to Lillooet to Moly Ridge down Texas creek and over to Tulameen for the whipsaw. Does anyone know if the Boston Bar to Tulameen section shown in the map attached is passable?

We are on a Tenere, and 1190 Adv R.

Click image for larger version

Name:	boston bar to tulameen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	219324

Map's a little small, but we rode most of the Boston Bar - Coq a few weeks back. Worst case you might have to ride a bit further north on the Coq before heading south to Tulameen.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 08-22-2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I rode from brookmere to boston bar coming out on the Anderson creek FSR last Friday and had no problems , once I figured out where I was going .

came across a grader driver who knew every road , intersection , mileage marker , landmark in the area and he set me straight .

Comment

Texas Creek is a blast. There are a couple sections, longest approx. 200', or so, on the climb to Molybdenite Lake (is that is the same trail as Moly Ridge??) that were a little boulder-strewn and could be a handful on a larger bike. My DRZ had little trouble but I'd have to be on my game to get up there astride the BMW.
        Very nice ride, we stopped short of the top when my riding partner(ok....wife) crapped out in the boulder field.
        Just a heads up, should it matter!

Comment

I found sections of the Highline really loose this past week due to dry weather. Just be aware as you're on big bikes...

Big bar area is stunning. Loved it.

m.

Comment

A bit on the late side, but they are replacing a bridge on Uztlius at the 18 km mark right now. Likely out for a week or two.

(Uztlius is the connecting FSR between Boston Bar and the Coke.)
            2016 KTM 690 Enduro R
            Visit my adventure blog here: https://adventuringengineer.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
            X