Announcement

Collapse

2018 DSBC and BCORMA Memberships now available online

The 2018 DSBC memberships and BCORMA Trail Passes are now available online here
Just follow this link
https://forum.dualsportbc.com/forum/...sbc-membership
See more
See less

Moab 2018 iwannaridemoab (aka 6 days of Moab)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab 2018 iwannaridemoab (aka 6 days of Moab)

Its April and its time for Moab again in 2018

Every year for the past 10 plus years at least one group of DSBC heads down to Moab Ut for a week of technical and scenic riding. 2018 is no different.

If you ever get a chance to go riding off road in Moab make sure you grab it.

This years trip consisted of 9 riders on bikes between 310cc to 500cc. We took two vehicles with two 6x12 cargo trailers. The vehicles this year were, a four door f150 and 32 foot Class a motorhome. more than enough room for everyone (but you can comfortably sleep in the motorhome).

I took over 200 pictures this trip and it will take me a little time to sort, and will post the full trips by day when I get done. There will be lots of pictures, hope you don't get bored.

DAY 1 Slick Rock, Fins and Things

Every year we get started with the Sand Flats recreation area trails, it cost 2 bucks to get in but its close to town and a great warm up day for the rest of the week

Below is a picture of us all entering the Slick Rock Trail

Looking back at Moab

Was heavy rain the night before as you can tell by the puddles, but when we woke up it was sunny and not too cool

On the single track trails

Not for the faint of heart some of these trails as they are steep with switchbacks and unforgiving

If you are curious on how we find our way around on the rocks, you will find the answer on Day 3

Heading towards Porcupine Rim, La Sal Mountains in the background

Back to Fins and Things

Note the barrier to stop you from going over the cliff

Hung around Hells Revenge for a while, this is a cool tow truck

Always a crowd pleaser

Then there is our man Dan

We wrap day on back at the Moab Retreat
    Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

DAY 2 Kane Creek and Steel Bender

Kane Creek is on of my must do trails every year. Last year I had a bit of a tip over and got a minor bruise that slowed me up for one day. This year I was good to go, but noticed my hip was reminding me to take it easy.

On our way to Hurrah Pass and Kane Creek as usual spectacular views to follow

Here we split up for a short time as we wanted to check out Hurrah Pass. I have been here many times but always cut left to Kane Creek and never check out the pass.

At Hurrah Pass, can you ever get tired of that sunshine?

In the background is the Colorado River, Potash and the entrance to the White Rim Trail

Looking West from Hurrah Pass along the Colorado River

Now back to Kane Creek
    Patiently waiting for the 4x4s to clear a feature

Bunch of Kane Creek photos to follow. you cant get lost as all trails continually come together, the only variable is how deep the water may be

Final feature leaving Kane Creek

If you dont ask for help there is alway plenty of free advice

A quick break for lunch before we head over to Steel Bender

Missed taking a bunch of pictures on the lead up to this feature of Steel Bender, having too much fun riding

Nice tough step up section, no crashes but a bit of a traffic jam

A final rest before heading for Beer

End of Day Two

Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Comment

nice pictures, you must be using a real camera

Comment

Originally posted by grewen View Post
        nice pictures, you must be using a real camera
        Yup its an older nikon coolpix s32 waterproof. easy to pull out on the trail as these guys dont give me much (any) time to take a photos

More photo coming up shorlty
        T
        Tom Timmerman
        Past President DSBC

Comment

Awesome pics and report. A few of us are meeting down there in a couple weeks. Seeing your pics, now I can't wait! Looks like you nailed it on the weather. Look forward to more

Comment

Working...
          X