East harrison Kookipi Nahatlatch Boston bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East harrison Kookipi Nahatlatch Boston bar

The plan is toovernite at sasquatch park and then ride the east side route to Boston Bar via Kookipi/Nahatlatch on wed Sept10 and back to Sasquatch on thehyway I read Strongleftlegs post on July 8. Great info and pictures .Anyone got newer info? Anyone able to join us is more than welcome.Any info on this ride???

imported post

Anyone out there?

Comment

I rode this route in one day on my Ulysses. Not a problem for the bigger dual sport machines. Watch out for logging trucks.

Comment

It should take you between 3 and 4 hours to ride from Sasquatch Park to Boston Bar - less if you're a fast rider. When I do this route I often take the Nicomen FSR just north of BB to Hwy 1 about 15 km north east of Lytton. If you PM me your email address I can send you a GPX file for the whole route starting from Harrison Hot Springs. Kookipi Pass is usually snow bound until late June/early July but last year it was open by the end of May. We'll just have to wait and see what the conditions are like in 2017. This is a route I'm definitely going to taking the Africa Twin on this summer - can't wait.

John
        A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Comment

This post has been dead for 8 years. Merry Christmas anyhow

Comment

Its pretty interesting about these old posts. I remember it was like yesterday when Ted B and I were looking to see if there was a way to Boston Bar off road. This was several years before DSBC was even thought about (almost 20 years ago). We did a lot of information searching and lots of FSR exploring. Finally we did find our way across. Soon after we used this route for the GVMC Routledge Run around 2000. The Boston Bar to Harrison route has been discussed on this forum since 2004. Hope these old threads make for some good reading for these winter days.

Here is a picture for 2005 Routledge Run, always some challenges

Sheldon and DB

Tom Timmerman
            Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by lagbc View Post
              This post has been dead for 8 years. Merry Christmas anyhow
              Oops, should have checked the dates before I replied. In any case, if anyone wants the GPX file just PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. This is a great ride suitable for new riders on big bikes. Great scenery and lotsa fun.

John
              A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Comment

Working...
              X