BC introduces stiffer penalties for off-road vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC introduces stiffer penalties for off-road vehicles

Polish up and install your spark arrestor now...
    Violators face a $460 fine or an administrative penalty of up to $10,000 if their off-road vehicle is found without a spark arrestor.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...cles-1.4589182

Awesome / this is long overdue IMO. (It's been an industrial (forestry & mining) requirement for the past 20+ years...)

Comment

Ok we are wonderful stewards of the forest. Do your part too...and educate anyone you know or don't... about the potential of smoke butts in forest and the car window. Let's help prevent fire situations. Yea no spark arrester or major noise will kill it too !

Comment

I agree. A spark arrestor is a good idea in the bush even if you don't think ORV cause fires. You won't miss the horsepower you think you need.
        Dan

Comment

What is an administrative penalty?

Saw some other post where people were asking about older bike?
          Some suggested metal screen...
          Not sure that will qualify as spark arrestor.

HO and where is BCORMA in there... could not even found their real Facebook page, or not sure its the real one?
          We got a really good representative for our sport.

Comment

Yes its about time, It seems BCORMA is not up to speed, hence we will have to wait for the regulation on what constitutes a spark arrestor.
            Tom Timmerman
            Past President DSBC

Comment

Did anybody witness first hand any enforcement of any OHV regs over the long weekend? I have yet to read any account on the interwebs of any enforcement since OHV registration has come into effect. Snowmobile guys don't count as I have seen plenty of tv coverage of them & LEOs vis a vis avalanches & closed wildlife corridors.

Comment

The only times I have seen enforcement is at either the Tamihi or Chipmunk Staging Areas. EZ access areas and good numbers of ORVs.

Tom Timmerman
                Past President DSBC

Comment

The CO's are enforcing both the ORV registration and requirements for personal liability insurance in Squamish BUT the ORV is mandatory but PLI can be a bit harder for them to enforce unless they actually catch you on an FSR or public crown land.

IMO mandatory spark arrestor on ALL ORV and steeper over all fines are long over do..

From what I read and published in the local news papers last week but could not find this on the BC Gov site......

Effective immediately, the British Columbia government has increased some wildfire-related penalties up to $100,000, to assist with fire prevention and discourage irresponsible off-road vehicle use, Doug Donaldson, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, announced Thursday.

Comment

For some reason I can not post the rest of this so you'll have to look at the CBC link
                    Last edited by filterx; 04-03-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I worry as much about the risk from hot header pipes on 4Ts as the spark arrester, we all need to be vigilant in protecting these wonderful woodlands from any ignition sources.

Comment

Originally posted by caesarleigh View Post
                        Did anybody witness first hand any enforcement of any OHV regs over the long weekend? I have yet to read any account on the interwebs of any enforcement since OHV registration has come into effect. Snowmobile guys don't count as I have seen plenty of tv coverage of them & LEOs vis a vis avalanches & closed wildlife corridors.
                        A riding buddy got hit with no liability a couple weeks back @ Mcnutt.
                        Loud pipes suck!

Comment

Working...
                        X