Suzuki DRZ 400 Modifications and Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DRZ 400 Modifications and Review

During my Spanish Pyrenees trip I experimented with some solo filming half way up the Smuggler’s Trail.

What modifications have I missed out ?

Ian,
    Thanks for the video.
    However, surely you cannot lower the seat height (with lowering links) and not also reduce ground clearance under the bash plate.
    But that's just nit-pickin and I agree that the DRZ is a very friendly and maybe a little under-rated bike.
    I've certainly enjoyed mine!

BTW, which fuel tank is that and how many litres are available to the petcock?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Shuswap; 08-29-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shuswap View Post
      Ian,
      Thanks for the video.
      However, surely you cannot lower the seat height (with lowering links) and not also reduce ground clearance under the bash plate.

BTW, which fuel tank is that and how many litres are available to the petcock?
      Thanks!
      SEAT HEIGHT - At the same time I wound up the preload on the suspension spring – perhaps this counter acted the addition of the lower suspension link. The new link definitely made no difference to the angle of the bike when on the side stand, I thought I was going to have to cut out a side stand section and weld it shorter but this was not needed.

FUEL TANK -
      IMS Gas Tanks - no idea of the number of litres at the petcock, but 200 road miles fully loaded with camping kit !
      http://justgastanks.com/product_info...roducts_id=264

Comment

12 months ago I filmed a similar, but VERY different, modification video, which may be of interest.

Comment

Working...
        X