West Harrison - Bridges?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Harrison - Bridges?

Going to be doing a trip through the Chilcotin this summer from the Lower Mainland.
    I'd heard that there were possible bridge outages on the West Harrison Forest Road due to flooding last year and the forest fires?
    Anyone been out that way yet this year that could confirm?

Click the link below, not sure if the bridge is still out, I will be heading up there tomorrow to see if I can get through to the hot springs.

https://forum.dualsportbc.com/forum/...-harrison-west

Comment

Did you make it through? Will be doing the loop this week.
      Thanks for the intel.

Comment

Hi All,

I rode north up the west Harrison last Sunday with my wife on my 1190 and found that the bridge is totally impassable where the bridge is located now. The bridge is washed out at the 56km mark, lots of signs along WH warning you of the impassable bridge. Even if I was with my buddies on our 350's I wouldn't even tried to pack our bikes down to the new elevation of the bridge deck.
        See the two attached photo's and of course you will look at them and probably think like I did.... "I can can get my bike through that"...... lol, trust me the pictures don't do the washout justice.

Comment

Confirmed!
          Though I think a few good men with tools could make it passable in a couple of hours of hard work. Didn't have tools or a couple of hours to spare, so had to turn around and go back the way we came. Maybe next time.

Comment

Thanks for the update. That's a bummer. We were hoping to riding the length of the lake and pop out at Pemberton for lunch then keep heading north. Guess we'll have to find another route. I appreciate the update.

Comment

If the bridge isn't in on the West Harrison when you are getting ready to leave for the Chilcoten, give some thought to the East Harrison! Usually it is open once the snow is off The Cut on Grouse Mountain (The Kookipii pass will be free of snow then). Keep an eye out in the forums for updates on its condition. It brings you out to North Bend (across from Boston Bar) and then you can stay on the west side of the Fraser and ride gravel all the way to Lillooett. Its a good option!

Comment

I'd call that a great option, nice riding on the west side of the Fraser to Lillyville

Comment

yes two wash out but doable .made it through july long weekend solo on a 1000 VStrom

Comment

dual sport dont need no stinking bridges

Comment

Working...
                    X