yanks peak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yanks peak

has anyone been thru here yet or still too much snow?
    thanks

never herd that name, where's it at?
    a smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

Comment

what kind of snowmobiler are you?
      The road to hell is paved ..

Comment

Barkerville over the yanks peak to Likely. Will be going thru on saturday, I will probably check the snow conditions and be forced to go around Mathew valley rd. around cariboo lake to likely.

Comment

Good ride. I don't remember the elevation but my gut says 'too early'.

Say hi to Ethyl for me.

Comment

there was too much snow had to go around (road was actually closed due to slides but i went anyway) good ride though Barkerville, likely, horsefly,canim lake,bridge lake,savona,logan lake and merritt.

Comment

Originally posted by mineice View Post
              there was too much snow had to go around (road was actually closed due to slides but i went anyway) good ride though Barkerville, likely, horsefly,canim lake,bridge lake,savona,logan lake and merritt.
              Good job Nails

Comment

Yanks Peak or 3100 rd

Originally posted by mineice View Post

I heard there was a massive slide on the 3100 rd, I take you were able to get through - where about is the slide .

any idea on the status of the Yanks Peak route, I'm hoping to go through later next week.

Comment

Anyone been through since mineice - either yanks peak or 3100 road.

Comment

advtrider did you check out the yanks peak? The slide was about 20 km from barkerville im sure it is all fixed up now I had no trouble getting thru.
                    took my dr 650 thru the yanks a couple years ago 2 up with the wife I would like to go with the ktm 990

Comment

Yanks Peak

Originally posted by mineice2003 View Post
                      advtrider did you check out the yanks peak? The slide was about 20 km from barkerville im sure it is all fixed up now I had no trouble getting thru.
                      took my dr 650 thru the yanks a couple years ago 2 up with the wife I would like to go with the ktm 990

At the advice of locals I avoided the Yanks Peak route (still possible snow) and took the 3100 rd . I had some challange getting through the deactivation ditch at km 21 but made it. I hope to try Yanks Peak before the end of this season.

Comment

Got within about 8-10 km of the top this last week. Had to turn around as my riding parter hit his engine case pretty bad and it started to weep oil. This was at the 4700 ft elevation. Can you believe he made it that far....on a Vstrom 1000. I was on my klr 650 and scouted ahead and found the next big hill probably would have shut down the 1000 for sure so we headed back down. The deactivation ditch looks easily passible now on anything considered dual sport.

Comment

Went over the Yanks peak yesterday, there is one slide at about 7 km on the barkerville side it was a little challenging as it was still fairly muddy. Other than that it was a pretty easy ride.
                          If you were to come from the Likely side you will have to come up either the hampton trail or little snow shoe trail. The snowshoe is the tougher of the routes I would say, it has a water ditch running down the middle of the road for about 300 meters in one spot and its filled with fairly big rock to navigate while the hampton just has rock all the way up...but not that bad.
                          Very nice ride awesome views.

Comment

Working...
                          X