Rode a Harley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode a Harley

Seems weird that the north and the cariboo are in the same zone but thats for another day.

This is Smithers Harley weekend, factoryride day,and toy run etc.

Rode a Harley today for the first time, what I need to know is why do people ride these things. The only reason I would even take one for free is to trade for a trio of Japanese dual sports and/or maybe a nice orange one or another GS. I will really feel sorry for those poor lost souls who ride the iron or steel or whatever they are made of. I think I lost a filling and my KLR feels darn smooth now. You will not get me going to the other side any time soon. Enough said time for some dirt....while the sun is out.

Na Na Na Na we have funner rides than they do

imported post

Curious as to which model you rode?
    Most are quite smooth for a big V twin having rubber mounts in some, and counterbalancers in others.
    Yes they are too expensive, too heavy and underpowered and handle abysimally like a typical cruiser. People that ride them are smitten by the Harley aura and lifestyle image. Having said that, I used to own Harleys before they were trendy and can see the attraction. It was a lotta fun in those days.

Comment

imported post

Back when I had my Dakar I test rode a Harley. It was a really cheap upgrade to my Dakar! Suddenly, with no money spent, the Dakar was smoother, had more power, had better brakes, and handled much better! Wow what a shocker...

Comment

imported post

I really enjoyed my HD years and would get another one if funds permitted. Perhaps it would be my 5th bike...

A guy can dream and the dream currently goes something like this:

690 Enduro R, 990 Supermoto R, FE570, K 1200 LT,FLSTFSE, K 1200 S, 1948Vincent Black Lightning, 1982 KZ1000S ...

Comment

imported post

I know you can't own them all,but I will always have a big twin harley in the shop.

Comment

imported post

tonybalony wrote:
            I know you can't own them all,but I will always have a big twin harley in the shop.
            That's one of the problems, they're always in the shop! Cheap shot I know...

Comment

imported post

they need their love,that's for sure,but they(motorbikes)all do!

Comment

Working...
              X