New hazelton-cranberry J VIA KISPIOX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hazelton-cranberry J VIA KISPIOX

Passed through Hazelton then up to Kispiox, up to KM63ish then cross over the kispiox river. It then turns into the Mitten FSR and down 43km to hwy37, road is in excellent shape. Was actually like riding on a tunnel grown in pool table,very fun and better than riding the black tentacle north of Kitwanga.Road open,no washouts,Smoooooooth.

Rocketman
    Leaving Dawson tomorrow for Inuvik, weather looks good. We got "Sourtoed" last night, more Yukon Jack...!

Caribooster

Comment

Originally posted by caribooster View Post
      Rocketman
      Leaving Dawson tomorrow for Inuvik, weather looks good. We got "Sourtoed" last night, more Yukon Jack...!

Caribooster
      Heard the departure time from the Sea Alaska didnt go so well for you and Bones,Had a little bit of catching up to do.Hope Capt Dick was to hard on you in Dawson.Ride safe,dont rush,cant wait to see the ride report.Beware of loose gravel on that NWT side.

Comment

Yes, one of my favorite loops that I try to take anyone passing through on. For an even better ride, take the Helen FSR up to the Mitten instead of the Kispiox River Road. I swear they packed some asphalt into that dirt when they made that road

Glad you took this route instead of just pounding the slab

Comment

Originally posted by bchunter View Post
          Yes, one of my favorite loops that I try to take anyone passing through on. For an even better ride, take the Helen FSR up to the Mitten instead of the Kispiox River Road. I swear they packed some asphalt into that dirt when they made that road

Glad you took this route instead of just pounding the slab
          The Helen is the first road crossing over the river north of Kispiox and ties into the Mitten fsr?.When in Hazelton and Kispiox i asked lots of locals and everyone looked at me like i was an alien.Would have made sense to ask on here but that would be to easy.Went from Quesnel through to Houston across Ootsa lake all nice.Next time want to check out some Babine.Do me a favour and go smash out some red lights in Smithers.

Comment

Great ride but need photos! Looking forward to rode report.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
              Great ride but need photos! Looking forward to rode report.

Photos ehhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by RocketMan View Post
                The Helen is the first road crossing over the river north of Kispiox and ties into the Mitten fsr?.When in Hazelton and Kispiox i asked lots of locals and everyone looked at me like i was an alien.Would have made sense to ask on here but that would be to easy.Went from Quesnel through to Houston across Ootsa lake all nice.Next time want to check out some Babine.Do me a favour and go smash out some red lights in Smithers.
                Yup, you got it!!! Just cross the bridge at 26km and stay on that road. You will see the Helen FSR take off around 10 km's or so down there. If you miss it, you gotta clean the dust off your visor

Babine is a great place to check out, and with hope they will punch through the connector that will open up all the North side of Babine Lake without having to take the ferry. That means loops to Mackenzie.........

As for the lights in Smithers, it is sad to say but I remember the days when we only had one light and the rest of the intersections were four way stops. Seems to me that traffic flowed better back then. Oh well, what can a guy do. But they are a great hoot showing cagers that a DRZ 400 can smoke any jacked up chipped out piped diesel to the legal speed limit

Comment

Pleased to see someone enjoying our back country ...photos please - mandatory!
                  There are trails that could get you from Quesnel to PG to Hazelton without too much asphalt

@BC Hunter: good to meet up with you a few weeks back ...even if it was a roadcheck
                  @Chuck: What have you been up to? How's the Super10 doing? Any trips?

In a couple weeks I'm off down Oregon Coast and then zig-zag back through the Cascades

Comment

@Chuck: What have you been up to? How's the Super10 doing? Any trips?

In a couple weeks I'm off down Oregon Coast and then zig-zag back through the Cascades[/QUOTE]

Hey Kiti_KLR, nice to hear from you. Your trip will be great. Cant wait to hear about it.

I went on a week long trip but back to work now and haven't taken the time to do a ride report. The trip was changed a bit because my friend had to cut his ride short due to illness but that gave me a couple free days to watch my daughter dance at BC Provincials in Penticton.

Briefly, I rode from Terrace to PG, then to Jasper, then Radium Hot Springs, down through Creston, then up the east side of Kootenay Lake, across on the Balfour Ferry and overnight at Toad Rock. Continuing on north on the west side of Kootenay Lake to Kaslo, then took the 31A to New Denver, then to Nakusp, Fauquier, another ferry, then Hwy 6 to Vernon. Next there were 2 days in Penticton followed by 2 days riding home. Have photos, will post when I get some time. It was a great ride and a good way to get to know the bike a bit better and scrub off some rubber so I can feel better about putting on some K60 Scouts for the gravel rides.

Family holiday planned for Newfoundland soon so no more big trips this season. Will be up for some day rides if you are I terested.

Chuck
                    Last edited by Chuck; 07-07-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Back from a fantastic "road Trip" (sorry guys!)

Oregon Coast to Crescent City to Grants Pass to Crater Lake to Bend to Sisters then north to Estacada - to Mt St Helens - then Government Camp - Maupin, Antelope, Fossil, Condon, Heppner. Then North to Coulee Dam and home via Osoyoos and PG

I did do some gravel but that doesn't really count here!

Link to some pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/962985...7646241485464/

@Chuck ....that road between Kaslo & New Denver is amazing ....I did it several times when we stayed in New Denver ...Hwy 6 to Vernon is also fun!

Anyone been through the Cranberry this year? What state is it in?
                      Last edited by Kitimat KLR; 08-10-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitimat KLR View Post
                        Back from a fantastic "road Trip" (sorry guys!)

Oregon Coast to Crescent City to Grants Pass to Crater Lake to Bend to Sisters then north to Estacada - to Mt St Helens - then Government Camp - Maupin, Antelope, Fossil, Condon, Heppner. Then North to Coulee Dam and home via Osoyoos and PG

I did do some gravel but that doesn't really count here!

Link to some pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/962985...7646241485464/

@Chuck ....that road between Kaslo & New Denver is amazing ....I did it several times when we stayed in New Denver ...Hwy 6 to Vernon is also fun!

Anyone been through the Cranberry this year? What state is it in?
                        If you mean going over the hump on the Mitten it's in the first post in this thread.

Comment

...I meant the Cranberry between New Aiyansh and East to Hwy 37 ...very near to where the Helen/Mitten pops out onto Hwy 37

Comment

Originally posted by Kitimat KLR View Post
                            ...I meant the Cranberry between New Aiyansh and East to Hwy 37 ...very near to where the Helen/Mitten pops out onto Hwy 37
                            Caribooster and crew went through there the same day as i burned up the otherside.Seemed like they said it was ok.

Comment

Was through the Cranberry on Saturday; in excellent condition and quiet as work on the transmission line is complete.

Comment

Working...
                              X