started a topic Major OHV Riding Area Announcement April 2014

Major OHV Riding Area Announcement April 2014

Along with the following Clubs and Associations:
    Right Nuts ATV Club
    Greater Vancouver Motorcycle Club
    Dual Sport BC Association
    ATVBC
    BCORMA

I am excited to post the news, the New Tamihi OHV Staging Area has been approved and funding is in place for its completion. For the Tamihi Staging area this has been a two year project Countless volunteer hours from many dedicated people has brought us to this point.

I can only stress that no Association, Club or person, involved with the development of this project has received one penny for their time, strictly volunteer. If you are reading this please consider joining one or all of the above clubs or associations. I can tell you that between the organisations they put in $16000.00 cash and it is being returned almost Ten Fold. Not a bad return.

Construct will start almost immediately and will continue until complete.

For more information on Tamihi follow this link
    http://ttug.wikispaces.com/

Tom

• tomcycle
    replied
    Originally posted by TW_rider View Post
    Chilliwack LAKE Road....Chwk "River" road is on the other side of the hill.
    I asked my wife, I should have known better. corrected

Leave a comment:

• TW_rider
    replied
    Chilliwack LAKE Road....Chwk "River" road is on the other side of the hill.

Leave a comment:

• tomcycle
    replied
    Watch for new signs on the Chilliwack Lake Road

Leave a comment:

• North
    replied
    Very Cool!

Leave a comment:

• tomcycle
    replied
    June 04 2014 Update

Construction is moving along nicely

Getting things leveled

Site of new quad and motorcycle beginner training area, will be great for kids, open year round

Leave a comment:

• TW_rider
    replied
    Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• tomcycle
    replied
    Construction Started May 27 2014

Yup its all about to come together now

We had the area cleared last year and now the equipment is moving it to get the job finished

As construction proceeds we ask that no one enter the site without permission of the contractor, for safety reasons. There is a trail around the site and you can see whats going on from there and also access all of the trails.

Lots of brush has grown in the past few weeks, some of you may recognise the Yellow gate at Tamihi, Gate will be closed during construction and removed when finished. Entrance will be widened and the hump to the right will be home to a new shelter for when it might rain or its too sunny.

Looking West, Strait ahead West Tamihi FSR (will be closed to vehicles over 60" wide) follow this to Sno 250, atheist Ridge, Parish Hill, Tamihi Connector Buffalo Jump
    To the right is the entrance to the kids trails, big fatty and the old West Tamihi FSR

Where the machine is all the way to the pile of stumps will be 75' long camping spots. fire pits and picnic tables and it will be level. Enough room for the biggest of rigs
    Directly to the left will be non motorised as it is sensitive area, but you can walk in there with you dog, there is a trail to the Tamihi Creek Bridge

Leave a comment:

• tomcycle
    replied
    Im going to correct myself

For off roading (bikes, quads, sxs and 4x4) in the chilliwack river valley we will have two staging area built

The Chipmunk Rapids Staging area 60K
    The Tamihi Staging Area and campground 138K

Thats 198,000.00 in less than 24 months. Plus the money we (RNs, GVMC, ATVBC and DSBC) 16K. So some levels of Government are recognising off road recreation as a legitimate activity.

Im just glad they have decided to spend the money in my favorite riding area

Tom

Leave a comment:

Working...
X