Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gill Road Gated Dec22, 2019

19875231_web1_gill-bar-wheeling.jpg

Gill Road a popular place for 4x4s, ATVs and many other users including squatters and illegal dumping. Has had a gate installed. This does not affect DSBC directly but it does make one more area closed to motorized recreation which will put more stress on the few areas still open ie Tamihi and Chipmunk. The government has used many reasons for closing and I can not argue with them, however there is no plan on what to do with all the present users of the Gill Road area. I am sure we area going to see a big increase of users of the Tamihi and other areas over the winter and the years ahead as motorized recreation looks for new areas to play.

Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Some more reading to get you started
    https://www.theprogress.com/news/gat...in-chilliwack/
    Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Comment

I hope the government has some kind of idea the 4x4 clubs user numbers...Because starting to notice some areas on the FSR that water erosion has compromised terrain...Does the government take into consideration the extra footprint more users impact...FSR, cross ditches and refuse ? who monitors that system ? Also noticed more hikers with little hairy friends out for walks in these areas...would be nice to show a compelling effort to help keep roads safe from illegal dumping of animal carcasses and shot gun shells. Can we the people partner with the government to help ?
      I’m aware of chilliwack city crime watch in the city...
      maybe some attention to the forest ?

Comment

Working...
      X