Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sur Ron Electric Mtn Dirt Bike?? the future is coming

DSC00123__68249.1566527715.jpg?c=2.jpg
    Just happened across this (google decided I should watch) the Sur Ron electric dirt bike
    Of course it is made in China
    Want it now it is about 3600 USD Luna Cycle or want it later you can wait and get it from Alibaba for about 3000 USD
    Some Specs.
    SEAT HEIGHT 800mm
    MINIMUM GROUND DISTANCE: 270mm
    WHEELBASE: 1260mm
    WEIGHT: 50kg
    MAXIMUM LOAD WEIGHT: 130kg
    60v 31.9ah panasonic battery
    X-controller with Regen breaking and quieter operation. 80amps of power (5200 watts)
    Extra battery $1600 USD

Take a watch of this video
    Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Thanks for the distraction, Tom.
    110 pound mountain bike with sub-par components & TBD frame/weld quality? Pass.
    -- You're not done until the gorilla says you're done. --

Comment

I agree the future of trail riding will soon be electric motorcycles. the batteries are getting close to outlasting most riders physical endurance when riding trails hard. The Sur Ron as its built now is not going to make the grade quite yet too many light mountain bike parts 125 lb bike. it will fall apart before you get your moneys worth. The Kalk OR is a much stronger built bike at 160 lb but it is a bespoke build at this time making it way too expensive. I could sure get in trouble with one in my neibourhood if I could afford too We are a few years away from 2 strokes becoming obsolete. IMHO

https://youtu.be/G0VCwNL8R0E
      Last edited by filterwrench; 01-08-2020, 10:21 AM.
      Be Prepared For The Unexpected

Comment

Didn't Beta try something like this with the Xtrainer? Bwaaahaaahaah.......

Comment

Originally posted by LordEndo View Post
          Didn't Beta try something like this with the Xtrainer? Bwaaahaaahaah.......
          Funny guy.
          Instead of killing threads why not do something useful - like posting some Dakar info / videos now that 6 stages have been completed? Or are you anti-Honda / anti-American?
          -- You're not done until the gorilla says you're done. --

Comment

Working...
          X