Ride Tamihi Thxgiving weekend 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Tamihi Thxgiving weekend 2018

Anyone up for a ride on Sunday? Start around 09:30?
    Not supposed to rain until pm...
    Otherwise will probably go to McNutt.

Hey Mark, my kids and I were planning to come out on Sunday....they are pretty good now....they can ride just about any of the trails out there....be nice to see you again. We usually are ready to ride by 9, either at the staging area or at Vance road. I kinda like Vance road better since it's closer.

Comment

Great - I'll see you there (will park on Vance ).

Comment

Sounds good Mark....we should be there by 8:30 and ready to ride by 9.

Comment

That was a great ride - thanks guys (4.5 hrs of riding and now back in time for turkey!)
          We'll be wishing for conditions like today in less than a month...

Comment

Thanks Mark, we had an awesome time....we are all pretty sore....good thing we have another day to recover!

Comment

It's good to hear from you again, Kerry!
              And Mark, enjoy Vegas!
              The road to hell is paved ..

Comment

Hey Peter, I was surprised to hear that you left the area, hope everything is going well for you?!

Comment

The Count!!!! Hollleeee...... Is that white DRZ still sparkling clean? Good to see you on the forum again.

Comment

Originally posted by LordEndo View Post
                    The Count!!!! Hollleeee...... Is that white DRZ still sparkling clean? Good to see you on the forum again.
                    Haha....the DRZ has moved on to a new owner....now riding a white Husqvarna FE350.....it was difficult to let the DRZ go after 10 years but it had to happen.
                    I do ride the area quite frequently, I just made my kids the priority and rode with them whenever I could....they are getting pretty good now and we rode almost every trail that Mark took us down on the weekend....they are just not quite at the speed of the adults yet.
                    The only trail that we had a small problem with was the straight up vertical ascent that takes you to the top of the milk run trails....we will try it again next time but my youngest looped the bike out and didn't want to give it another go.

Comment

Originally posted by The Count View Post

The only trail that we had a small problem with was the straight up vertical ascent that takes you to the top of the milk run trails....we will try it again next time but my youngest looped the bike out and didn't want to give it another go.
                      To be clear, that was 'Jammer' that your youngest found challenging. As do most of us riding up it. Your kids ride very very well.
                      Good times - lets get out again in a week or two.

Comment

Well that makes more sense, jammed up on Jammer.....I did make a video of our ride....I didn't get a lot of video of Mark since he was mostly way out in the lead.....lol

Comment

I didn't see much evidence of Trail Gnomes in there! I might have to go to the Jolly Miller and shake them up a bit.
                          Last edited by Fbomb; 10-11-2018, 08:57 AM.
                          The road to hell is paved ..

Comment

Working...
                          X