Thanksgiving at Tamihi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving at Tamihi

Nothing official here but the season seems to be winding to an end pretty soon. Its time for me to get the bike dirty one last weekend before the winter hibernation (I live in Kamloops where we have winter) and get the snowmobile out. the weekend weather is not looking too bad.

I plan on camping at Tamihi from this Wednesday to Monday Oct 9-14th. When I say camping I will be in a 40 foot motor home with all the comforts required for a dirt biker. I should be visiting family and friends while in (near) town, but I am going to go riding and camping instead.

I will be down on my own, Sharon and Jake are staying home to do something else (not off road riding)

Anyone wanting to join in is more than welcome riding or camping, I might get bored drinking wine by the fire all by myself?

I plan on riding every day and I hate going out by myself as I hate picking my own bike up. Will plan any rides according to the skill level of whomever shows up. Never been to Tamihi or don't know your way around, well this is the perfect opportunity for a guided tour. If I dont know who is coming up and what they want to ride I will probably plan on doing some light trail work on my own. (face slappers, root removal etc)

Usually ready to ride around 9am at the Tamihi Staging Area.

I have spotty internet at the campground but will check in at night

For those of you who dont know me
    I am a middle aged overweight retiree
    I have intermediate off road skills
    I ride a Husky 450 sometimes 310

In other-words I am a dual sport rider

Hoping to see someone

Tom

Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Great - I look forward to seeing you out there on Saturday / Sunday Tom.

Comment

Yea, I missed you guys at Tunkwa, Saturn caught fire on the Friday and had to get it fixed before the snow hit here. Not 100 percent sure where I am camping but if not at Tamihi Staging will be the new Bordon Creek FSR. Will Post though
      Tom Timmerman
      Past President DSBC

Comment

Its -4c here in Kamloops this morning, but it is sunny Heading down to Tamihi Today for several days of riding.
        Tom Timmerman
        Past President DSBC

Comment

Saturday looks like rWr day and Sunday seems to be a RRR day.... should be sporting!

Comment

Not sure I'll make Sunday (jet lagged), see how tomorrow am breaks - have a good one and post up on any Monday rides

Comment

Not sure what is planned for Monday....but it'll be something. Maybe more of Saturday or more of Sunday...guess it depends on how Sunday turns out.
              BlueBottle...I think we're all jet lagged. The Cure! Ride!

Comment

I'll be in the parking lot for Monday 9 am?

Comment

Excellent! See you then.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Working...
                    X