Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kaslo, trout lake, galena bay, nakusp loop - approx mileage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaslo, trout lake, galena bay, nakusp loop - approx mileage?

Looks like I am finally going to get to do the trout lake loop this weekend (Sunday), don't think I'm going to have the time or gear to camp, looks like it can be done in a day without pushing it too hard if I leave early enough (8:00am). Wanted to verify total distance Balfour back to Balfour if anyone has a pretty close estimate. Looks like great weather, finally.
    thanks

Super weather forecast for the weekend.... You'll enjoy the ride. Balfour, Trout Lake, Nakusp, New Denver, Kaslo, Balfour is 350 KM's (220 Miles) The section from New Denver to Kaslo is a fun road with lotsa twisties!!
    If you go Balfour, Trout Lake, Nakusp, New Denver, Slocan, Nelson, Balfour, it's 400 KM's (250 Miles). From Meadow Creek to Trout Lake townsite, the road is gravel, but usually it's in good shape.

Comment

Thanks, I hope fuel availability is not a problem on Sundays? I am planning on Kaslo and Nakusp for fill-ups. I'm pretty sure they both have something open Sunday this time of year.

Comment

Kaslo no problem for sure, and can't see any reason why Nakusp shouldn't be open. There's at least 3 stations in town. You might have to go to the north end of town.
        Have a great ride!!

Comment

Kaslo will not be it's usual self this weekend, it's Jazz Etc Fest time.

Comment

Originally posted by 250ccforme View Post
            Kaslo will not be it's usual self this weekend, it's Jazz Etc Fest time.
            You're so right. There isn't a room to be found in town. Nakusp or New Denver may be your only hope for motel accomodation. BTW, there will be a heavy RCMP presence about all weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X