Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to 2014!

Hi,

I'm brand new to this site. Found this site and I am excited to see a number of locals already here on this forum. About 25 years ago I gave up my last bike, a 1980 XL500. Finally bought myself another bike this fall, 2005 DRZ400S. I took it out to the Pend O'Reille twice before winter set in, and now I can't wait for Spring. Feel free to give me a shout this spring, I am dying to get out there and explore more of this beautiful area.

Im always up for some local exploring, been riding the area for 2 seasons now. I have a DRZ 400 now and a BMW F800 GS on the way. Once the GS arrives the little bike may not see as much use but its always fun to get out and ride with someone. Drop a message if you want to ride!

Comment

Hey Angrybear, I'm not in your riding area and I'm mostly on my DRZ, but I'd appreciate your thoughts on the F800GS. Wife has a F700GS and I'm contemplating a 800, so would appreciate your comments.

Comment

I'm a woman, and my advise to your wife is to keep the F700GS and add a small enduro to the quiver. I have a BMW F600GS and a Yamaha XT225. Perfect combo. My advice to you is to get that F800GS so you and your wife can go do all the roads suited for that as well.

Comment

Hi all, Riding season is going well and I have some plans for the hills above fruitvale. Give me a shout /pm sometime and we'll ride.
          BTW if anyone is interested in a visit to the pend d'oreille OHV area in the USA then contact me. I have a plan.......

Comment

Originally posted by Shuswap View Post
            Hey Angrybear, I'm not in your riding area and I'm mostly on my DRZ, but I'd appreciate your thoughts on the F800GS. Wife has a F700GS and I'm contemplating a 800, so would appreciate your comments.
            I dont have the F800GS yet, im waiting for it to be delivered in about a week to the BMW dealer in Kelowna. Once i get it and get a few miles on the road ill let you know what i think. I love my DRZ off road but i cant handle it on pavement for more than hour before i have to get off!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Bear View Post
              I dont have the F800GS yet, im waiting for it to be delivered in about a week to the BMW dealer in Kelowna. Once i get it and get a few miles on the road ill let you know what i think. I love my DRZ off road but i cant handle it on pavement for more than hour before i have to get off!
              Thanks, I'll 2nd those thoughts on the DRZ.

Comment

Originally posted by sector View Post
                I'm a woman, and my advise to your wife is to keep the F700GS and add a small enduro to the quiver. I have a BMW F600GS and a Yamaha XT225. Perfect combo. My advice to you is to get that F800GS so you and your wife can go do all the roads suited for that as well.
                Thanks Sector. Wife currently rides an XT250 on/off road but we are looking for something lighter, with reasonable seat height being the always-sticky issue. We've just tested-ridden a Beta Evo 200 this weekend, courtesy of Outlaw Dave at the Scotch Creek Trials event. She won't ride trials, but it weighs 140 lbs less than the XT!!!

Comment

Working...
                X