"coming soon" Kamloops bus goes to Moab 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

de nada senor Reid.
    a smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

Comment

Great RR Wayne. Where is the Enduro Loop?

Comment

broxy, we will be happy to show you, the next time you join us in moab!
        you know-once your over the hill,you tend to pick up speed!

Comment

towards green river, then south.
          a smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusreid View Post
            broxy, we will be happy to show you, the next time you join us in moab!
            Rather go to Baja. I am sorry our dates didn't align. I have to choose my vacation days in September unfortunately.

Originally posted by 04klr View Post
            towards green river, then south.
            Ah yes. Just a few miles before the sand dunes. The dunes were no fun this year. Too dry, too soft. We did muck around in the area for a day though. Great slick rock riding, wicked fast washes.

I just have to show you guys this. We really didn't take many pictures, but we had to stop for this one. We called our trip 'Year of the Drops'. We did many of these in the Temple Mountain area (The Swell), but this may have been the biggest, and for us, pretty impressive.

The landing was hardly felt, but it used every inch.

Until next time!

Comment

broxy, we are tossing around the idea of a feb 2017 Baja trip. i'll keep you in the loop as it unfolds.
              you know-once your over the hill,you tend to pick up speed!

Comment

Shopping for new to me dirt bike.

Moab could be on the bucket list in the future, so I am curious......do you need a plated bike to ride Moab?

Looking at post #20, broxy's pic in the post I don't see a plate?

Comment

Originally posted by twisted-hog View Post
                  Shopping for new to me dirt bike.

Moab could be on the bucket list in the future, so I am curious......do you need a plated bike to ride Moab?

Looking at post #20, broxy's pic in the post I don't see a plate?
                  Its just like here, if you dont have a street licenced bike, you can expect a decent fine for traveling the public roads (when caught). Of course once off the pavement you are good to go with your dirt bike.
                  Tom Timmerman
                  Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by tomcycle View Post
                    Its just like here, if you dont have a street licenced bike, you can expect a decent fine for traveling the public roads (when caught). Of course once off the pavement you are good to go with your dirt bike.
                    Thanks, I thought as much.....not quite the same rules as Baja.

Comment

Originally posted by twisted-hog View Post
                      Thanks, I thought as much.....not quite the same rules as Baja.
                      Actually the rules in Baja are similar as here, your bike needs to be registered and insured
                      Mexican law requires that out-of-country drivers must be financially liable for any physical damage or bodily injury they might cause. Unless you have Mexican auto insurance, the only way to prove this financial responsibility is to have a pre-arranged bond with a Mexican bank or cash on your person in an amount large enough to cover liabilities, which can be as high as $333,000 with the new death liability in Baja. The easiest and cheapest way to meet the Mexican proof of liability is to purchase Mexican auto insurance
                      Tom Timmerman
                      Past President DSBC

Comment

Originally posted by tomcycle View Post

Actually the rules in Baja are similar as here, your bike needs to be registered and insured
                        Yes, I believe you are correct. When I rode there it was on a road registered bike and I purchased liability and comprehensive coverage on-line before leaving on my trips.
                        What I was getting at was I think you can pretty well drive/ride anything down there as long as you have insurance, ie a full on dirt bike with no turn or stop lights or this nice vehicle I saw in San Felipe.

Comment

Working...
                        X