Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for DS riders May 2018

Saturday May 26 2018

I am going to try and do this ride again, looking for some newer dual sport riders here in kamloops (not everyone here in Kamloops can be an old seasoned dirt biker?)

The basic plan is to ride off road to Logan Lake and back to Kamloops, Should only take a couple of Hours depending on the route.

If you are not experienced riding off road I would recommend this to sub 650 riders. It should be an ez route but who knows? I will be riding a little Husky 310

If you are interested just meet me at the corner of Lac le jeune road and Goose Lake Rd. at 10am I will be riding from my house in Kamloops

Tom
    Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Again I was out there by myself but had a very good ride, just shy of 200kms. I was playing around with my GPS and also a new found app for my phone called Avenza Maps https://www.avenzamaps.com/index.html a very cool app that allows you to load GEOpdfs and use them with your phone gps. GKMA uses this app with their maps of the local riding areas, the GEOpdf maps they supply are very good and it is easy to navigate. I have discovered that I can create GEOtiff maps from the government iMap site and load them onto my phone, again very cool but time consuming.

Enough of the mapping stuff as I am only playing around with them. The ride was fairly uneventful only ran into 4 quads and 0 bikes. I still may not be on the most used area or I am just used to riding the lower mainland stuff? Here is an image of the ride

And the KMZ for you Google Earth Types
    Attached Files
    Tom Timmerman
    Past President DSBC

Comment

Yes you might have noticed I hit a lot of dead ends. I was looking for a route that would take me to the Chartrand Watershed. That would take me much closer to Logan Lake without having to hit the pavement. I have reviewed my route and think I know the possible link and will probably check this link out next week.
      Tom Timmerman
      Past President DSBC

Comment

Working...
      X