Saltspring Island trials run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saltspring Island trials run

hey guysI havent been out for some time with the trials bike . we are planing on doing a little run feb 15. This ride will consist of medium riding abilty.not an all day ride.possible the odd beer stop. no snow on mt tuam .Any one want to join us ?l

imported post

Sounds interesting, what ferry should we catch from Crofton?

Meeting place?

Is this the same "enduro" track the Floored took us on last year?

Comment

imported post

a little different area floored had taken you . mt tuam is the grass mtn you can see from cow bay mill bay ect. i thought we could start at the bottom of the hill not much dirt road to drive with vehicle . you guys could catch the 8'30 boat if you want we could go for breakfast or head straight down.? myself floored and masso so far going should be fun.

Comment

Hey Guys, anyone riding on Saltspring these days? My inlaws moved here a couple years ago and I'm wanting to get over on my gas gas and explore. I found what looks like the access to Mt Tuam off of Musgrave Rd- is it best to go in there? How far does it go? Seems like past that there are a lot of private property signs off Musgrave but there is a marked "Trail" that looks like it gets some usage.

Comment

If you get some trails down, I know a few buddies who would come over an join you for a day trip.

Comment

Well, there still is some riding going on, but it's kept pretty low key. Most of the trails have been broken up with new developments, or chewed up with equipment to try to stop riders.
            Not long after getting onto the dirt of Musgrave you'll see a "Parking" area on the right. Across from there you'll see signs of bikes. However, if you see vehicles parked that didn't likely bring a bike, please try back another day as you've likely got hikers on the trails.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Made it for a rip off Musgrave this morning. Good riding out there for the trials bikes, maybe a little much for big bike folk though. Climbed up the hill on the fairly easy main route to a flat open rock clearing, then down the other side and followed some tight trails over and up a cell tower and power line route. Bombed down the access road and some steep single track under the power lines back to the road and ripped along Musgrave back to my van. Was a fellow out there chopping firewood at the put-in, says he rides every Sunday with some friends, maybe one of you guys? Will look for folks out there some future Sunday when I'm over next, looks like some good land to explore.

Comment

Working...
              X