Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultusking
    replied
    It is also possible to "Bump start" a bike with a Rekluse if you just carry a 5 mm Allen Key and still have your clutch lever. I personally don't have the clutch lever at all as its better used for other things

Leave a comment:

• Cultusking
    replied
    Anything above idle the rekluse is engaged so the "no engine braking" claim could only be said by someone who has never had a Rekluse.
    Best thing ever invented for a motorcycle I think

Leave a comment:

• DirtClunker
    replied
    Originally posted by Razor View Post
    I am thinking of putting a rekluse clutch on my 690 but love the way it currently tractors up hills just above an idle will this help or hinder its ability to climb at low rpm's? Anyone ridden a 690 with one on it?
    I will not hinder the ability (at all) to climb hills. It will be better. I have had one on my 350 for years and love it. I would have gotten one for my 690 (when I owned a 690), but at the time they did not make one. The power delivery will be a bit softer, so puling wheelies will require a bit more snap, or a clutch dump.

Leave a comment:

• kenf
    replied
    Originally posted by offworlder View Post
    (I'll leave out the laundry list of why this isnt a good idea, but) Unless you want to relay solely on yer brakes, and say goodbye to engine braking - just dont.
    You might want to try riding one of the newer rekluse models before you make that claim. I don't run one myself, but have "borrowed" a buddy's Husaberg with the exp-3 on it, and I honestly couldn't tell it had a rekluse in 2 hours of riding at mcnutt -- except that I never stalled it even once. Clutch still worked like a clutch, and engine braking worked completely normally. The only exception was if you got too heavy on the back brake on a steep loose downhill -- rather than stalling like my Husky would, the rekluse will disengage, and at that point you will not have any engine braking until you blip the throttle. But once it's re-engaged, the engine braking is completely normal.

The only real remaining downside to a rekluse (IMO) is that you cannot bump start the bike. That can be a pretty serious issue if your bike doesn't have a kickstart as a backup for a weak battery. Have had a few problems with friends riding slow technical stuff, running down the battery and then not being able to estart or bump. I actually carry a tiny set of jumper cables on my Husky now (well, enough 14ga wire to reach from one bike to another), just to be able to jumpstart the guys running rekluse. Actually came in handy on the loose screw too.

Leave a comment:

• Farp
    replied
    I had a Rekluse on my Beta and I grew to hate it. Bottom line is "If it aint broke - don't fix it!"

John

Leave a comment:

• offworlder
    replied
    (I'll leave out the laundry list of why this isnt a good idea, but) Unless you want to relay solely on yer brakes, and say goodbye to engine braking - just dont.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X