Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HORN - so the grey "drivers" up here can have the potential to hear me and know my

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HORN - so the grey "drivers" up here can have the potential to hear me and know my

Rant ON---> DISPLEASURE at getting cut off by old b^@@#&$ who look right through me then pull out, slowly, in front of me.

OK, maybe it's just the neighbourhood I live in, which has the oldest average population in the country, but I've reached the point where a new horn might be a good idea.

Back in my road days I ran Fiamm air horns on my RDs but there was space to hide the compressor and mount the trumpets - not so on the XT. (Fiamm trumpets were great, they could be tuned for maximum obnoxiousness - that is, aural conspicuity)

Has anybody found a smallish (give the available space) LOUD horn? (though I'm sure most anything would be louder than the pathetic peeper currently on the bike)

OK, rant off now.

I believe I heard of a horn called the Highway Blaster or Freeway Blaster ? I also have heard of a Stebel or Steibel ?
    Good luck!
    When NOTHING goes RIGHT .... GO LEFT!!!

Comment

I went with a BigBoy horn from Lordco. Very loud air horn. I fit into one of my side panels,it was tight so split the compressor from the horn and put them in separate places on the bike. It really wakes up sleepy drivers. I think the horn was like 40 bucks and is a knockoff of the Stebel.

Comment

Alrighty guys, thanks for the pointers. Lordco I can find (just down the road), so I'll pop over there and have a look. Tengai, very loud is what I'm after. I believe that's what's required for this area. (and maybe big flashing white lights and pointing down, blinking arrows, but that's harder to achieve)

Comment

I went with one of these on my Super Enduro.
          The "siren" really gets the texters

One girl threw her phone onto the passenger side floor! HAHA

http://www.blunet.net.cn/siren-alarm/siren-alarm/siren-alarm-773.html

https://www.facebook.com/greg.roesni...4072286586488/
          Last edited by joker650; 11-14-2015, 07:45 PM.
          My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSw View Post
            Alrighty guys, thanks for the pointers. Lordco I can find (just down the road), so I'll pop over there and have a look. Tengai, very loud is what I'm after. I believe that's what's required for this area. (and maybe big flashing white lights and pointing down, blinking arrows, but that's harder to achieve)
            Too funny! I am just up the road in Qualicum Beach and I agree some seniors drive by feel

Comment

I live in Comox the gray haired capital of the world, I commute to work 365 on 2 wheels, I used to get cutoff or run into a least once a month and then i bought 2 2 in cree led lights and mounted
              them on my bike, I run them all the time just angled down a bit so i don't high beam anyone. since then i've only had a couple of times in the last two years where i have been cut off
              and i'm not talking about my wife;

Comment

The Cree lights sound like a good idea. I've also wondered about those really bright flashing/blinky lights the (pedal) cyclists use... I wonder if the boys with the blue flashy lights would mind them on motorcycle...?

EDIT - to answer my wondering...Yup, they would mind. Flashing whites only by authorized sorts of folks, police, ambulance, fire. (Motor Vehicle Act Dvision 4.28 (2)

Apparently headlight modulators are OK if they meet the right criteria.

Off to check for horn options tomorrow if luck holds.
                Last edited by DaveSw; 11-15-2015, 11:57 PM. Reason: I learned some new facts...

Comment

Lordco had a Fiamm horn (high tone) that now sits on the bike under the left front blinker (I know, likely toast the first time I drop the bike). That, a old relay from the box of random MR2 parts my son left in the garage, a few minutes wiring, and I've now got two horns of different pitch.

The greys still might not hear it, but I feel better. (and I'm still thinking about the lights though sufficient power might be my main drawback)

Comment

Working...
                  X