My Africa Twin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Africa Twin

Here it is. In this photo the fairing looks grey but the bike is actually solid black all over.

i've got just under 500 km on it now and so far it's been everything that I expected it to be. It's got a strong engine with lots of low end torque and the fully adjustable suspension works great. Honda did a really good job of balancing the engine and the result is a very smooth ride with little to no vibes coming through the bars. The bike fits me very well (5' 10" - 31 inch inseam) and with the seat set in the low position I can just flat foot both feet. There is an accessory seat offered by Honda for about $150 that lowers the seat about another inch but I don't think I'll be needing it. So far it's been all good with nothing negative to report. My CB500X was great on paved twisty roads, perhaps one of the best bikes I've ever ridden for that kind of riding. I expected that the AT would not be as good as the CB on paved, tight, twisty roads but it's been a pleasant surprise at just how good it is. Of course I'm still learning the bike's tendencies so I'm not pushing it that hard but I have had it leaned over pretty good and the bike felt planted and stable .

John
    A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Got it dirty yet ?

Looks like one sweet bike John

Comment

It's such a beauty! Did you add those rolls hanging off the rear seat sides? What do those contain?
      Matthew Do | CRF250L | VA7MDO

Comment

Originally posted by Do-Boy View Post
        It's such a beauty! Did you add those rolls hanging off the rear seat sides? What do those contain?
        Those rolls are mountain bike carry-all bags that I got at Mountain Equipment Co-op. There is one on each side of the bike and they contain wrenches, pliers, vice grips, tire irons, tire patching kit, tire pump, first aid kit, a small roll of baling wire, some zap straps, a flexible cable-saw, electricians tape, JB weld epoxy, a chain breaker with a couple of master links and a short section of chain, and a cigarette lighter just in case it becomes necessary to start a fire. These bags are quite heavy when filled with all that stuff and when you buy them they only have velcro straps to attach them to the bike. I didn't trust the velcro to be strong enough so I added a couple of dog collars to each bag to reinforce the velcro. You can see the collars in the photo as they wrap right around the bag. The velcro straps, which are not visible, just attach to the top of the bag via some stitching and I think that without the dog collar back ups the stitching would soon tear loose from the pounding they would get on an off-road motorcycle. I used this set-up on my CB500X, and my XT250, and it held up over a lot of long, rough rides without any problems at all.

John
        A motorcycle will go anywhere the rider has the ability to take it.

Comment

I stuck a couple pics of Lawrence Hacking's AT in the photos. He ran it in the Baja Rally last week. Sorry I can't remember how to put the pics here. I am happy you are enjoying the new ride John!!!
          When NOTHING goes RIGHT .... GO LEFT!!!

Comment

Honda's Africa Twin keeps getting better and better !

http://www.cycleworld.com/honda-africa-twin-enduro-concept-is-giant-dirt-bike#page-2

Comment

Very nice! I just picked up a silver dct myself

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw this vid of a test ride of a Twin at Popkum. Looking good.

Comment

Working...
                X