• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Husaberg

I hope not http://www.enduro360.com/2013/05/02/...husaberg-news/
    Famous Last Words " Watch This"

Comment

While the name Husaberg may be history, the spirit remains. Read the story of KTM's acquisition, and history of both Huskvarna and Husaberg:
      http://blog.ktm.com/inthisyear1995-ktm-acquires-husaberg/

Comment

And, check out the colours and much of the technology on the present Huskys...they're basically rebadged 2014 Husabergs...So Husa lives on. Let's hope Husky stay on the straight and narrow, and they don't stray off the path again and produce some of those horrendous bikes they did a few years ago. Still if they do, then perhaps some Husky Mechanics and engineers will become disenfranchised enough to start a rival brand....again!
        The REAL Motorcycle Diaries
        http://candiedfrogsmonologues.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Aren't the 2014 Husabergs rebadged 2013 KTMs?

Either way, I would love a FE501S or FE350S.
          Dan

Comment

2015 FE's are basically EXC's with 'berg color scheme and a husky logo. Quite the mongrel heritage, but I'd take a lovable mixed breed from the pound over a high-strung purebred from a puppy mill any day. Hoping to throw a leg over an FE350S some time this summer for sure.

Comment

so can anyone tell me a good reason to buy the husky over the ktm??? they are the same bike apparently,except that when you try to get a part for your husky, you will be ordering a husky part # from a small time starving dealer, that has to wait for enough orders before he can get his shipping covered by the supplier,if the supplier has the part in stock or maybe he also has to wait till his order is big enough. that he can also get his shipping costs covered, from the factory? all the while they will be giving you the excuse of "backordered, courior did not pickup the stuff on time, it will be another week or so, etc,etc and all the other chit we have heard for years and years now. I'm sorry, but in my world, listening to obvious lies and waiting all season long for parts to appear, just does not work for me. I'm sticking with ktm, which around here has proven time and again to me, that they can and will get me the parts that i need when i need them.
              you know-once your over the hill,you tend to pick up speed!

Comment

linkage on the dual sports and enduros? Not actually sure if a linkage is better. I was always partial to the blue Husaberg's, until my four year old told me that they look like yamaha's...

Comment

Originally posted by bitingdog View Post
                  linkage on the dual sports and enduros? Not actually sure if a linkage is better. I was always partial to the blue Husaberg's, until my four year old told me that they look like yamaha's...
                  I wouldn't be surprised if Huskatoom goes to a linkage on all their models in the future.
                  Loud pipes suck!

Comment

We decided on Husqvarna's over KTM's on our last purchase of bikes because of the linkage rear suspension and the 4CS front forks, also the Husqvarna has grab handles built into the rear composite frame.
                    The only thing Husqvarna dealers are hungry on is getting hold of the bikes to satisfy customer demand. And as for parts, abet a few exceptions all the parts are KTM and have KTM on the packaging. So really an up-spec KTM is all respects, and yes the linkage IS better than the PDS in all terrain we have subjected them too.
                    On the Husky 4 stroke models every part except the plastics, rear frame and engine clutch side cover are all KTM

Comment

Saw a box full of bits for my buddy's superduke in his garage last week. Had all three logos right on the box -- berg, KTM, and Husky. Clearly they aren't trying all that hard to pretend they aren't all from the same company. I'm guessing parts won't be an issue.

FWIW, I've never even had problems getting parts for my '11 TE310, the bastard german italian. I just have to order them through the US, parts themselves are cheap but I get raped on shipping, it all balances out to about what I usually got them for when there was a local distributor, and pretty much just as fast plus delivered to my door in a couple of days. Halls in Illinois seems to stock enough parts to build a brand new TE310 from the rubber up.

Comment

The Husky sounds great but I don't know about the crankshaft service interval that they are quite proud of, not sure I'd be happy with the following....taken from the website:

"The crankshaft and con rod on the 4-stroke Enduro engines are produced by industry leader Pankl to ensure durability and long service intervals (135 hours before changing con rod, con rod bearing and crank pin)."

At an average of 30km/hr that is only 4,050km before changing out the crank and con rod. I do understand it's a very high performance engine, but that might not work for everyone who would love this bike's riding qualities. Maybe I just need a sponsor!

Comment

My KTM 500 exc which is the same engine as the Husqvarna was at 10,000km when I sold it, running as sweet as the day it was bought. I sold it with a new piston and rings/gasket set but it simply wasnt needed. Holeshot said they have other high km 500's in and once again piston and rings was all that was done.
                          So I think durability is in the DR400 range for sure.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shuswap View Post
                            The Husky sounds great but I don't know about the crankshaft service interval that they are quite proud of, not sure I'd be happy with the following....taken from the website:

"The crankshaft and con rod on the 4-stroke Enduro engines are produced by industry leader Pankl to ensure durability and long service intervals (135 hours before changing con rod, con rod bearing and crank pin)."

At an average of 30km/hr that is only 4,050km before changing out the crank and con rod. I do understand it's a very high performance engine, but that might not work for everyone who would love this bike's riding qualities. Maybe I just need a sponsor!
                            That service interval quote is for racing.

For general DSing and woods riding, as long as you dont trash the engine the service intervals can be *way* longer. My buddy has 400+ hrs on his 500 and has peaked at the piston and cylinder and it does not need anything. Just because he takes good care of it. Come to think of it, he does SM race it, as well as a lot of woods riding. But he just takes good care of it.

With KTM you pay for the lightness and power. That price costs money and it is high maintenance. If a DRZ does what you want, then thats fine too. Different tastes and wants.
                            Last edited by DirtClunker; 02-20-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusking View Post
                              My KTM 500 exc which is the same engine as the Husqvarna was at 10,000km when I sold it, running as sweet as the day it was bought. I sold it with a new piston and rings/gasket set but it simply wasnt needed. Holeshot said they have other high km 500's in and once again piston and rings was all that was done.
                              So I think durability is in the DR400 range for sure.....
                              Thanks, good to know the crank doesn't necessarily need replacing at the end of every season.

Comment

Working...
                              X