Yamaha DT200R Plastic- Good News!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha DT200R Plastic- Good News!

After deciding to NOT keep my DT200R as a museum piece and actually use it, I wrecked the "Air Scoop" piece. That got me looking for aftermarket plastic. Wow, what a search! But, I actually found some! It is on order and being delivered. It is from Europe, France, I believe. Is not even priced too bad. The website is http://www.bikerpartshop.com/en/5-plastics
    He has side panels, front & rear fenders and air scoops. The only thing he does not have is the color I wanted, sky blue. (Pretty fussy, I know!) Also, I actually saw an aftermarket fuel tank from "Gilles" in Brazil. It is for the DT200L model from the 1990's, which is different from Canadian models. Looks very close though. Bad part, it is only 12 litres! Was only $140.00 USD, plus shipping. A good resource for finding information on DT200R's is on the Aussie "IT Forum". The address is http://www.yamahait.com.au/forum/index.php
    The PEOPLE on this site are so helpful, I thought I could try and help someone who so freely gave to me! Cheers!
    Now, suspension is the next thing I want to upgrade on the DT. Wish me luck.
    AB. Dual Sport Ride Fall Time Ride

The plastic comes from Portugal, actually. Available in dark blue, black or white.

Comment

All Right! Got my new plastic "Air Scoops" today. Look just like my originals, only not as brittle! Only bad thing is they're not "Sky Blue". Oh well.

Comment

I have a '96 DT200 which is white/purple colour scheme. Do the scoops come as a pair? How much was shipping if you don't mind me asking.
        Sporting my favourite two stroke dual sport - a Yamaha DT200.

Comment

Well I was inspired to check the site a little further to see what else they offered. I ended up getting the air scoops, side panels, seat cover, gasket set and oil seal set. The oil seals are all identical to the DTR 125 as the bottom end of the engines is basically the same. For the gasket set, all gaskets are identical between the two bikes, except for the cylinder base gasket and head gasket. For the price, I'm willing to toss the two gaskets that I don't need as the price is still good for the ones that do work even with the Euro exchange and shipping from Portugal. Thanks GT750 for alerting the community to this resource. It took three weeks to the day for the order to arrive.
          Sporting my favourite two stroke dual sport - a Yamaha DT200.

Comment

Your welcome! The person in Portugal was very helpful. Is good to support a small business that caters to our fine motorcycle, that has been forgotten in Canada.
            red_si , What color of bodywork did you buy?

Comment

Working...
            X