Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inexpensive Braided Steel Brake Line for my DT200R!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive Braided Steel Brake Line for my DT200R!

While looking around for a local Company to make me a custom front brake line for my ancient 1990 DT200R, I went onto Amazon.ca, then found that I could order the length I needed, in 10mm increments, with 3 choices of angles for the 2 end banjo bolts. It cost me $26.00CDN delivered! I had to buy another item to increase my order to the minimum, though.
    I thought it would be a cheap experiment if it never worked out. But, I am very impressed with the products quality, as well as fit. Definitely worth looking into.

Excellent! Good find for keeping the old horse running!

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Yes, this is a good find for both my old(er) bike, or ANY bike!

Comment

Good find, nice replacement for those old rubber lines
        Tom Timmerman
        Past President DSBC

Comment

That's a great find! I have a '96 DT200R, probably with a near original brake line. I love it and intend to keep it going for as long as possible. Did you buy a line for the rear brake too?
          Sporting my favourite two stroke dual sport - a Yamaha DT200.

Comment

No only bought line for the front.
            Also, tried to respond to the PM. Wouldn't seem to work? I am also on the "IT Forum." I ordered the front line with a zero degree fitting at the caliper and a 12 degree fitting at the Master Cylinder. I used a piece of string to trace the length. I believe it was around 1400 m.m..

Comment

Working...
            X