2006 Vancouver Motorcycle Show

T

tashunka

imported post

imported post

Dirtybill wrote:
I still think a spot in the building would be better but that's almost old news so whatever.

I made sure I told at least 2 of the Yamaha Reps that I thought it was fantastic what Yamaha is doing this year with the Kids riding thing.   If there's a great way to promote motorcycling, it's what Yamaha is doing by taking little kids out on the bikes and riding around. 

I was watching a bit of this yesterday and it's not just letting the kids ride but the people involved were also showing the kids the proper way to ride by constantly telling them to keep their heads up and looking forward through the corners.

So if you have time, go over and give the Yamaha guys and gals an "atta boy/girl" or a big :tup:

and if you're talking to Yamaha at all, you wanna give them a kick in the a$$ for not bringing the xt660r into canada!

T

tashunka

imported post

imported post

Dirtybill wrote:
I still think a spot in the building would be better but that's almost old news so whatever.

I made sure I told at least 2 of the Yamaha Reps that I thought it was fantastic what Yamaha is doing this year with the Kids riding thing.   If there's a great way to promote motorcycling, it's what Yamaha is doing by taking little kids out on the bikes and riding around. 

I was watching a bit of this yesterday and it's not just letting the kids ride but the people involved were also showing the kids the proper way to ride by constantly telling them to keep their heads up and looking forward through the corners.

So if you have time, go over and give the Yamaha guys and gals an "atta boy/girl" or a big :tup:

and if you're talking to Yamaha at all, you wanna give them a kick in the a$$ for not bringing the xt660r into canada!

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

I liked the tent area, it was much cooler and more comfortable than being in the building. It was great to meet Judy, Rocke and Ken there.

Buck

imported post

imported post

Nice display. Well done folks. I met Tengai and TT. Brian was working the BMW display. And of course all the Adrenalin guys were there.

Highlights? The new FZ1...really excited about this one since I owned the older model.... (03 VTR1000 for sale!) And the GasGas 450 dualsport. :tup:Flying over on the SG charter was great. 15 mins Victoria to Abbotsford. :clap:

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Thank you everyone that came to the booth and paid us a visit this weekend. It was nice to put faces to names and see members from past rides. I hope the new folks that we spoke to enjoy this site and join us on a few rides.

What a great weekend. The members that came out to help at the booth were, to say the least, fantasic! Such hard working, dedicated and fun people. I would like to thank everyone individually but this would be a really long post . . . but you all need to know that I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

I would like to say a special thanks to Sheldon for letting me use his incredible bike in the display . . it was a great conversation starter and it pulled visitors into our display (quick note . . . Sheldon spent almost the entire weekend at the show in the booth helping out, I can't thank him enough for that). Also Tom . . . . the travel trailer that he arranged (and paid for) was a great idea and so much fun. Sharon was alsothere the whole weekend and I have to say a special huge thanks to her and Guy for making all those trips out to my truckafter the show with all of the shrubs and trees in the absolute pouring rain. . . that was hard work.Thanks to the island guys for coming over and working the booth and KTM Ken from Kelowna. . you guys are such fun. Thanks to Doug for wearing the DSBC shirt (even though he's a GeeVee and doesn't ride a dual sport . . yet) and helping out and for doing all of the printed work for us and the GeeVees.

Out of all of the clubs at the show we seemed to be ones pulling in the visitors and making that extra effort to inform and promote our sport. Thank you everyone. . . . . it was a job well done.

It was a really long weekend but looking back on it, it now seems that it went by very quickly. I guess that means that I was just having a great time.

Fraser Valley Dirt Riders, the Greater Vancouver Motorcycle Club and the PNWMA were good clubs to partner up with and share a combined space. We worked well together.

Our display also won 1st place (3rd year in a row!!!). Congratulations everyone.

Judy

ps. anyone want to go riding???

joker650

imported post

imported post

tashunka wrote:
Dirtybill wrote:

I made sure I told at least 2 of the Yamaha Reps that I thought it was fantastic what Yamaha is doing this year with the Kids riding thing. If there's a great way to promote motorcycling, it's what Yamaha is doing by taking little kids out on the bikes and riding around.

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/forum24/1326.html

G

imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
tashunka wrote:
Dirtybill wrote:

I made sure I told at least 2 of the Yamaha Reps that I thought it was fantastic what Yamaha is doing this year with the Kids riding thing. If there's a great way to promote motorcycling, it's what Yamaha is doing by taking little kids out on the bikes and riding around.

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/forum24/1326.html

Sales Manager from Pacific Yamaha/BMW told me that bike was at the Canadian dealers meeting. The dealers loved it until Yamaha said it would sell for $11,000 here. :hr:

IanB took one for an afternoon ride while he was in the UK last month and said it's the perfect bike for over here and that it's the fastest thumper he's ridden. And what's really weird is that it sells for less in England than the $11,000 Canadian equivalent.:shoot:

Very strange.

ktmken

imported post

imported post

Hey, I had a good time at the bike show on Sat. It sure was crowded though, but I guess that is what it is all about, volume!

winning 3rd year in row, congratulations you guys, good job.

Last year going home from the bike show I hit freezing rain (nasty). This year I hit some weird freek snowstorm, (Sunday night). I was in a little Toyota rental car with all season tires. Can't wait til next year.

KTMKen