2008 KLR 650 or BMW Xchallenge ?

XChallenge

What do you guys think I should get.The KLR is nice but they actually lowered the suspension this year for better road worthiness.And the bmw cost $4500 more than KLR but is one sweet bike.Also don't know about seat comfort on a long ride with BMW.

Attachments

• DSC02432.JPG
    DSC02432.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
D

dooveman

imported post

imported post

What about the 650 dakar? The guy I talked to there said the challenge will be 90% dirt. It's the most dirt worthy. I mean it's great but you mentioned long ride. Also, a rule I like to use when it concerns BMW is if you question the price then you already answered your question. :?
The 525 exc had a similar seat. Coudn't imagine being on it for too long. Although I'm not a total fan of the 650 dakar dished seat. I like to move around.

Actually thinking back, I had the dakar vs. klr. I went with the KLR because of my cruiser:shock: Yeah seems stupid, but I figured my dirt thrasher bike should not cost same or more than my cruiser. At the time it made sense.:shoot:
Brian

deuce

imported post

imported post

One thing to remember when buying BMW's is to NEVER buy the first year of any model. :f:BMW likes using the customer to do their research and development (R&D) then fix the problems as the model ages. This has happened with the 1100 series, the 1200 series and their new and old K series models. There is a good reason they come with 3 yrs warranty ya know. They are great bikes when they are running. I have had 9 different ones in the last 13 yrs so know a little about these bikes. Maybe that's why I ride a Triumph and KLR now a days. :tup:Remember with the money you save you can go on some awesome rides.

Cheers

Richard

sagot

imported post

imported post

Apples and oranges.

KLR from here to Argentina.

Xchallenge from your trailer and back to your trailer.

Just my $.02 :D

P

Pee Wee

imported post

imported post

Looks like a sweet bike...the BMW...as far as R&D goes...old tech from the other 650's anyway if I'm not mistaken...just a dirt worthy Package is all now ??

KLR is and Icon for sure, been around (the Devil you know so to speak) for awhile.

Buy what "Speaks" to you...motorcycles are about Passion and Emotion...not Practicality...that's for MiniVan shopping Pffffffffffft:tup:

SubMann

imported post

imported post

I'd like to see the Xchallenge with swappable SM wheels. BMW sure offered a sweet deal on the HP2 supermoto kit.