2009 Dead Zone in Spences Bridge (North Fraser Canyon) BC

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

We want you to join us for this great event, but you cannot simply show up. We have (at least one) big bouncer who will throw you in the Thompson and then ride your bike up to Lookout Peak while we drink your beer.

Click here todownload theentry form. Please print it off, read it, sign it, mail it with a cheque for $50.00 to the address provided.

We were kind of overwhelmed last year as the number of entries kept pouring in. Overwhelmed means scared, but in a manly kind of way. The resort / caterers / sweepers / emergency services / townfolk really can't handle more than 200 participants. So please don't be upset if we do a cut-off this year. Sign-up in March and you won't be annoyed in June.

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

The 2009 DEAD ZONE will be based out of the Acacia Grove Resort in Spences Bridge for the 3rd year.Excellent shaded grass tent sites (One night included in your DEAD ZONE entry fee) with washrooms (extra porta-potties this year)& hot showers!

• Powered & Watered RV sites available (upcharge of approx $30/night)
  • Cabins which sleep up to 4 (pets ok) with air conditioning & kitchenettes (upcharge of $100/night for 3)
  • You'll need to pay the Acacia people directly if you camp a second night ($15).
  • If you want a cabin or RV site; please book it yourself. Contactthe Acacia, and tell him that you are with the DualSport group. http://www.acacia-rvpark-cabins.com or 250-458-2227 or 1-800-833-7508

Rock Chucker 1

imported post

imported post

just wondering what the A route is like, myself and some friends wanna ride the dead zone, we live on the island, heard the riding is superb up there. is the A more tight single track or can we still rip on 530s and 650s

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

Thanks for your question.

Short answer is YES.

Long answer is that we'd really like to get away from calling routes A/B/C, as some people extend that structure to rider level - A/B/C.

Some of the most skilled riders around enjoy riding the C route, while some folks take the A/B routes in the hopes that people will thus consider them A/B level riders... I know, the mind boggles!

The Dead Zone 2009 features a 'Hard Route' and a 'Scenic Route'. Both of these routes will offer'challenging options' as well as 'outs'. We figure that's the best way to categorize them.

Phoenix

imported post

imported post

Looking forward to it again , got my envelope and stamp ready to go:D.

malachi

imported post

imported post

once again....eagerly awaiting info:hf:....possibly on a new bike.......

Phoenix

imported post

imported post

Scenic route with challenging options ......mmmmmm can't wait, damn licked the stamp already:shoot:.

Big Booger

imported post

imported post

Sent an e-mail to book an R.V. site. Also have check in hand. Alex licked my stamp.
Greg

Dan

imported post

imported post

skidmark43 wrote:
Please print-off the attached Form (when we post it in a few days!), read it, sign it, mail it with a cheque for $50.00 to the address provided.
I seem to be retarded, I can't find the form :?

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

Dan wrote:
skidmark43 wrote:
Please print-off the attached Form (when we post it in a few days!), read it, sign it, mail it with a cheque for $50.00 to the address provided.
I seem to be retarded, I can't find the form :?
Thanks for your patience. Poster is now in the first post of this thread; Registration Form is a click-through in the second post.

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

Kiwi wrote:
Are T-shirts not available in size small?
For you, absolutely! Write an 'S' on the form & Judy will do her best to you a small.

Big Booger

imported post

imported post

Check's in the mail, RV spot reserved. Silencer installed already, well it's below 94db. Woo Hoo! Can't wait to meet all DSBC riders. I hear the salmon fishing is pretty good about then too.:tup:

bobhami

imported post

imported post

This is too much fun to miss...best ride of the year....I'm printing
the form out now.

Hey Mark, is that XRmike on the poster?

Thanks
Bob

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

bobhami wrote:
This is too much fun to miss...best ride of the year....I'm printing
the form out now.

Hey Mark, is that XRmike on the poster?

Thanks
Bob

Bob, yes that is a photo of XmikeR. It was taken on a pre-ride of the Dead Zone the day before the event last year.

-Judy-

F

franhoser

imported post

imported post

Hey Skidmark,

Just the clarification on what camping is included. Is Firday and Sat night camping included cause you mentioned an extra $15 for an additional night. What is that for? Sun night?

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

franhoser wrote:
Hey Skidmark,

Just the clarification on what camping is included. Is Firday and Sat night camping included cause you mentioned an extra $15 for an additional night. What is that for? Sun night?

Good question.

We only cover (give you a coupon for) one night of tenting. Same as 2008.

Dan

imported post

imported post

okay regarding camping, do I have to pay extra if I camp in my RV if I don't need power and water hookups?