2009 Rides

sparklr

Saturday May 9th Morning Early. Leaving Kitimat 7:00 AM for Rupert. Coffee @ Cow's. Exploring after that, don't know where. May head back and go for the Nass area for FSR inspections.

sparklr

imported post

imported post

Maybe next time then, say Hi to Dorothy. I'm aborting the plan to Rupert, instead I'm opting to explore from the Terrace area in search of passable FSR's. Starting at Kitsumkalum to Red Sands to Lava Lake, if that pans out check out the Cranberry Connector. If the Connector backfires, turn into Naked Finn and warm up in the Hotsprings. Back to Terrace and around Lakelse, Old Remo and South side of the Skeena. Go home and engage coolies and watch Knuckleheads pounce the Chickenhawks.:spl:

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Have to check but I may be up for booting around Terrace here. Went out a few nights ago just quickly and didn't get too far up any roads yet but we could make it to red sand most likely.

I'll talk to the boss and see. Too much to do around here, water leaking in hopefully only two areas now, holes to be dug, greenhouse to be extended and fixed up, flooring.....Man I feel like I'm drowning. And large work on top of it all. Anyhow I may be able to slip out for the morning.

sparklr

imported post

imported post

If you can slip out for a few hours you can still have fun working the rest of the weekend!!

:clap:

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

What time you thinking about landing in Terrass? Here the hell is Kermodei these dayz?

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

How about meeting up at 9 or 10 am at Terrace A&W for :br:?

Then see where we get to...I'm good for the day:cross: ...hopefully nothing too mud-boggy.

Sparklr can do his shopping first & then we won't get lost!!!

sparklr

imported post

imported post

OK Terrass AW (HWY 16) 9:00 AMish for belly warmers. Then we explore the area.

Kermode_Klr

imported post

imported post

Count me in. I will see you at 9am at AW. I have been out of town or busy for a couple of weeks. It will be good to get out and ride. Look out for the mud splattered KLX450R.

sparklr

imported post

imported post

Excellent. Northie have you finished sweet talkin the missus yet? Remember your'e not riding, just stepping out to find the perfect Mother's Day gift.

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

Big thanks tokermodei & klr north for showingsparklr & mea few trails around Terrace.

A little frustrating to keep finding snow/ice on the trails. I chickened out a few timesand also on a couple of "too steep & loose for me" hills.

I'll post a photo...butI'd like to ask if its okfirst before posting as it potentiallyidentifies the guilty parties!

[align=center]

[align=center][/align]

[/align]

sparklr

imported post

imported post

Was an awesome day, sunny and warm. This was an attempt to get to Red Sands, and it was at this point the scouts trudged through more snow to see if the tankers would make it. Nope, a few more weeks perhaps.

And up Old Remo, along Skeena River behind Lakelse Lake. Freakin' snow everywhere. Still a great day for exploring, and thanks to the guides. 250 Km of fun.
Kitimat KLR and I detoured up to Mt Elizabeth on the way home to just by chance discover more snow. Picture posting permission is not required, they are evidence!

drbike

imported post

imported post

I am thinking I should move to terrace, it looks like your having a lot of fun.

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

Looks like this week-end's going to be a washout ....complete with SNOW
...and I was thinking of camping out.
Terrace, BC
m.gif
Sat - 90% Light rain 7°C 4°C

p.gif
Sun - 80% Snow-rain showers 10°C 5°C:gaah:

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Weather sucks alright, but today is nice at least. Great pics. Just put the knobbies on the rims this week now waiting for the boneheads to get in some spoke weights to balance them. Funny I took the tires off, then the missus comes home with the truck making a scary noise. Had to get some hillbilly insurance on the KLR (swap the DRZ plate onto the KLR) to get us around for a couple days. Turns out it's only the AC compressor so as long as that or defrost is not on there is no screaming noise from hellllllll.

As it always happens my warranty ran out a couple weeks back...they are working on it but I may be stuck with a pretty big bill, but then again the service guy at the YODA dealership is me neighbor so I may get lucky.

Can't wait to get out riding very soon.

And DR you must move to Terrass. It's awesome as long as you like rain and clouds 9 out of 10 days or more sometimes.

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

I thought mine was the ONLY red one? She does get a bit lonely separated by these roads of the greatfrozen north. It'll warm up soon...we're just impatient. Probably just tootle around locally this w/end. Have to drop by Terrace on Saturday ....but by car:(.

Pirate sticker is/was an in-joke ....not sure about the "KTM red" guards though. Also, that wetlook "shine in a can" works wonders!