2009.....?!?!

Hooligan

2009.....February....a 40' container will leave for Durban South Africa........16 bikes will be unloaded......and head North via Mozabique, Malawi and into Tanzania.....ending at Dar Es Salaam.......
This one will be for the bigger DS bikes, no serious offroading this time....a more BMW kinda trip, you know, Hotels etc, KTM's may go though....!

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

Depending on what the Boss permits, I would like to be on a 950Adv but I suspect there will be a good chance I will be on the good old 450EXC again....

I can see someone on maybe a 400 but not much smaller, we will be averaging 80km/h on this trip but we will have 120km/h sections, combined with the fact that you will have your luggage on the bike (we DO NOT WANT a chase vehicle) you might want to go on a bit bigger bike.

:hb:

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

I am still working on this, the last trip was a cheaper version as we did some camping too. At the end of the day I think it was a $8000/bike deal.
This one I suspect would be around $10k all in,
....15 months, start saving.....

scottbc

imported post

imported post

I really enjoyed your 2006 ride report. I personally would have liked to read the rest of the story. I know how much time and effort is required to post up a great rip report. Thanks for what you were able to post.

This trip sounds great. I have been reading the Wilber Smith books that are all based on events/stories in and around South Africa. I wish that I could participate.

Scott

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

Wemight be finishing the trip report over the holidays, Carl is coming up so we could get drunk and write the rest......

You have 15 months to go....

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

....as suspected we got drinking and never finished the ride report....we are howeverplanning to get it done soon......:dr:

You might also find it interesting to know that we will have a DVD of the trip by this weekend. I will send one to all who was on the trip if they want one, but if any one else wants one we need to figure out a way of getting them to you.

Any one know where we can upload larger files to?

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

Rumour has it we are going in Dec 09 for 3 weeks on the ground. Formatmight bedifferent.....:tup:

I am Jay

imported post

imported post

Time to start saving my pennies!

Hooligan wrote:
Rumour has it we are going in Dec 09 for 3 weeks on the ground. Formatmight bedifferent.....:tup:

K

klxer

imported post

imported post

Jay, better start saving. This one is going to be EPIC!

This is what happens if you're on a 950 and nobody else is...

Attachments

• waiting on the gang.jpg
    waiting on the gang.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1
K

klxer

imported post

imported post

Hooligan wrote:

Lets see your new ride!

K

klxer

imported post

imported post

Nice, I see you got a windshield - very cool. Would love to take it for a spin.

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

I am Jay wrote:
Where does the line up start for taking it for a spin?

Late at night after your hot chocolate....about 5 minutes after you fell sound asleep you will find the line-up.:tup: