2012 ride season is under way

2Trider

So what if there is snow ......traction is as good as muddy dirt on the packed trails so that = major smile factor. Cob webs are freeze dried for another winter ...lets ride.:clap:

Kitimat KLR

I'm out of hibernation...the sun shone today and I've got the stickers on the bike (but not on the KLR) ...so Saturday will be somewhere between Kitimat & Terrace for coffee, say Hi, etc?
Anyone else around? I'll check back in the morning ...not too early ...need to let the ice melt off the roads
Not trying very hard, but I might sell the KLR if anyone is interested?

Chuck

Sorry I missed you for the ride but I'm glad you stopped by for coffee. I finally put the sticker on yesterday and went out for a little ride around town. Lots of "marbles" on the road yet, but had to get out in the sun! Looking forward to a better season this year!

gryphon51

Ran the DL1000 up Mcnutt to the power lines Tuesday night.... no snow, just a lot of rocks the size of Baby heads...

bchunter

You guys missed a great run up the Kispiox today. Here are some teaser pics from a side journey:

Photo0011.jpg

Photo0008.jpg

And 2T and myself had a buddy join us with his KLR. Now he can ride that thing. He went everywhere we went, the few snowy spots we encountered were nothing for him. Very impressive to see him in action. I am hoping to get more pics from 2T and will post them up when I get them.

:hb:

Kitimat KLR

After 5-6 years of hauling the KLR up & down the hills and highways I have sold it ...in less than two hours! I must have underpriced the bike, but I'm satisfied. I'd like to thank all the folks I met on various rides as awell as the info on this Forum. As probably mentioned elsewhere, I've moved back to the black top and riding a very nice Honda XL1000 Varadero - not really a dual sport but some folks put knobbies on and go at it.

It's a small world and I'm sure to meet someone somewhere ...and I'm usually ready for a ride out somewhere.
Possibly go down West Coast end May/June

Cheers

bchunter

Congratulations on the quick sale. I was just going to shoot you a pm as there is a felow in my neck of the woods that might have been interested. I will tell him no more.

If you are ever in the Smithers neck of the woods, look me up and we will grab a coffee if time allows. And I will do likewise if I am in your neck of the woods.

Kitimat KLR

Yes, I had several interested in the bike...I should have had an auction!

We could meet halfway ....Telkwa Pass?:eek: I'll stay in touch here from time to time. Do I have to resign from DSBC? (I promise to ride a little bit of dirt each year:rolleyes:)

I saw your trials bikes when I stopped for coffee at 2T's place - Reminded me when I used to watch them many many years ago ...as you said, it another world of skillsets

Good Luck

bchunter

No need for resignation by my way of looking at things. We all ride two wheeled machines and have fun at doing that. That is all that matters and the friendships that come along with it.

It is funny, I am really going to the dirt side. The Beta opens my world that much more and shows me where I really need to work on my skills. Kinda like looking in the mirror and being honest.

But like I said, the main thing is that we all have fun. I love the DS side of things, even if my prefrence is more dirt then slab. But I will never turn down an offer for a coffee ........

Kitwanga is a great meeting spot. One can get there in what ever manner tickles their pickle. We will have to make a coffee meet one day.

drbike

bchunter;107 We all ride two wheeled machines and have fun at doing that. That is all that matters and the friendships that come along with it. :hb:[/QUOTE said:
I well some of us juggle with three. Its been a good year, I really have to do something with my skid plate though, by the time its oil chage time I seem to be packing 10 lbs of rocks on the plate. If any of you folks are heading this way give me a call coffee is good anytime.

bchunter

I will look you up in July for sure Dr. Time for a java and a catch up :hb:

.... and a TS slaying of the Lawson :hf: