• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

2013 R1200GS WC Dirt Bike

North

I have a 05 1200GS and love it. But to honest, I would also like a KTM 990 for off-road. I do some off-road with my GS, but nothing crazy. Anyways, the way this guys ride this new GS just puts a smile my face just watching. My GS has a 100 HP stock, this new one has 125 HP. Nice bike!

http://youtu.be/QbzdD9JJ6eg

Last edited:

farmerger

I'm in the same boat as you, that wet clutch sure would be nice. I'll have to admit, watching that video was cool, but somewhere along the way the coolness of climbing over rocks with a bavarian cow, even one with more ponies and a wet clutch would turn to plain hard work and eventual frustration. I'm also thinking of switching from an 06 1200GS to the orange cool aid adventure, but even that bike would still be a lot to handle in that kind of rocky terrain. Ultimately, I might just bite the bullet and go back to a thumper. By the way, your avatar seems to show the perfect bike for that kind of adventure riding, looks like you already have the best of both worlds.:clap:

Dorky

I just spent the day in the tight and twisty (and wet and rocky and nasty) with a 950 and a 990. Amazing! I don't know how they do it. Big bikes but dirt bikes!

North

I'm in the same boat as you, that wet clutch sure would be nice. I'll have to admit, watching that video was cool, but somewhere along the way the coolness of climbing over rocks with a bavarian cow, even one with more ponies and a wet clutch would turn to plain hard work and eventual frustration. I'm also thinking of switching from an 06 1200GS to the orange cool aid adventure, but even that bike would still be a lot to handle in that kind of rocky terrain. Ultimately, I might just bite the bullet and go back to a thumper. By the way, your avatar seems to show the perfect bike for that kind of adventure riding, looks like you already have the best of both worlds.:clap:

In my mind a 500 lb plus Bike is no Dirt Bike. Riding stuff like that for me would not be fun very fast. That's why I have the Husky. But the big GS is so much nicer to ride out to trials or riding back on the sea to sky after doing Harrison west, etc. But having said that, I would love to have the new 1200 WC. I wonder if my wife would notice the difference of my 05 to a 1200WC.

Last edited:

Wheelyking

GS 1200 Insurance

GS 1200 Insurance

Hey guy's, I'm about to buy my first GS 1200, Who's the best to see for insurance??

North

I just use ICBC. There is after market Company that I used in past. Can't think of their name.

offworlder

While you have to use ICBC for basic coverage, they're rates are a huge rip off.
Beacon is less than half the price. I had a claim once, and they were fast, and very pleasant to deal with. Highly recommended.
I've also heard good things about Megson Fitzpatrick

farmerger

While you have to use ICBC for basic coverage, they're rates are a huge rip off.
Beacon is less than half the price. I had a claim once, and they were fast, and very pleasant to deal with. Highly recommended.
I've also heard good things about Megson Fitzpatrick

Second the recommendation for Beacon,. Had a claim last year and was dealt with extremely fairly.:clap: