2015 Fall Newbie Ride Adventure "C" EZ Route

Old Phart

Heh John
Thanks for organizing the C-ride. Nice mellow KLR pace through scenic and verdant rural countryside! And thanks to Tom and crew for making this event happen.

Newbie_Rider_s_Meeting.jpg

The Newbie Rider's Meeting

Knobbie_Rider_s_Meeting.jpg

The Knobbie Rider's Meeting

Getting_some_slime.jpg

Bill sliming the KLR's tire after it swallowed a nail

Getting_a_fresh_tube.jpg

Bill changing tube on the KLR after the air escaped from the slime.
Thanks Bill - you are the man!

Hey all!

First, big thanks to DSBC again for this event. Smaller turnout-but still good in all the ways that count.

So Steve and I had to be at our respective homes by 2pm, so when we found out the direction of the route, we decided to do the course in reverse, to put us on HWY 1 at the end instead of the middle. Bummer, because I'd have enjoyed riding as with folks like Mike, RD, Brodie, Jenn, and others I hadn't seen in a while. Anyway fun ride with Steve!

Rode mostly without any pic stops, so no shots of Slesse. That was splendid, with the fog, the forests - awesome. We ran up Sumas Mtn, and did the obligatory peak photos. As you can tell, the vista is stunning :D.

F4720094-98F0-4F5B-B4CE-F90543232B87_zpsz2aj5xyn.jpg

Here's Steve. Actually, I think "Steve" is actually Mark Knopfler. I have proof:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...=0CIcBEDMoXTBdahUKEwj_jofGws3IAhXRLIgKHdf2BFY

You decide...

Anyway - hope all made it safely home. Thanks for a great day!

cheers,

Daniel

Last edited:

Randual

Thanks to John and Judy for making this ride happen!
Great route and it turned out to be relatively rain free... somewhat foggy but a prefect condition for our ride!
I had a great day, thanks John for leading... and too bad about Gord's Tire but we got him back going again,
Good to see old friends and new!

Rand :tup:
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_03921.jpg

Last edited:

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Thanks to all those who showed up, seemed everyone had a good time. , I know I did. This year we downsized the complexity of the Hard Loop and having such a large event and sending everyone out on their own. Instead we all hung together and worked thru all the features to get everyone to the far end of Run To The Border to the top of the hill. Unfortunately we had a lot of low clouds so I thought I would post a few pictures of what you guys missed.

Thanks for coming out, you guys can join me any time on a hard ride, in fact we should do this ride again when its sunny

Tom

Tomyhoi
runtotheborder_7_.jpg

Looking West along the USA border
runtotheborder_9_.jpg

That nasty little rocky hill section that many of you needed a short pull to the top ledge
runtotheborder_8_.jpg

Me breaking the rock at the top of that nasty rocky section earlier this year.
runtotheborder_4_.jpg

The nasty rocky section before we fixed it up
runtotheborder_1_.jpg

JavaJude

Super Moderator
Wow Tom that photo takes me back to that rainy cold muddy AWESOME day at Harrison!!! 10 years of Newbie fun for everyone!

ADVJenn

That was a great amount of fun! The weather held off and it was *gasp* warm!

It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet a whole bunch of new people.

Thanks again to John and Judy for putting this together! :)

nedparsons

Thanks for the ride

Thanks for the ride

Many thanks to the folks putting this on, and special thanks to my riding crew for hauling my somewhat inverted bike back onto the road. Turns out it was only one rib that got broken, so i probably could have just picked it up myself, but it's nice to have extra hands.

Attachments

• 2015-10-18 10.33.18.jpg
    2015-10-18 10.33.18.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-10-18 10.33.23.jpg
    2015-10-18 10.33.23.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0

Grove

Awesome video, I left ya a comment on it and shared it with a bunch of friends of mine from Australia.

Haven't gotten a helmet/ect camera so far and your video highlighted a lot of areas I was wanting to show them.

Thanks very much, Matt aka Grove.

VancouverSkiBum

Awesome video, I left ya a comment on it and shared it with a bunch of friends of mine from Australia.

Haven't gotten a helmet/ect camera so far and your video highlighted a lot of areas I was wanting to show them.

Thanks very much, Matt aka Grove.

Thanks Matt I'm glad you liked it. Cheers.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Good Video, might use it as a promo for the spring ride, for the guys who have never been on the newbie before so they can see what they are about to get into.

Thanks