• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

24 Hour Marathon*****The Dream Teams*******

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
[scroll=right]September 17 2007 Pictures of the event have been posted. Just follow the link below [/scroll]

http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=8464&sort=7&cat=712&page=1

August 28/07

I need everyones name and contact information please PM or call me asap

Tom 604.724.2425

[line]

Its time to start assembling the team for the 24 Hr

We need riders and support crew (keepers of the beer and food)

Cost per rider will be about 50.00 each

Hard and EZ course and maybe an Dual Sport Class

Hard = well its hard

EZ= Ian made it on his 950 last year. I thought is was fun, anyone with a 650 or smaller DS should be able to do this

Dual Sport = TBA

Anyone interested post here

[line]

Riders

Hard
Tom Timmerman, Jaques, Burgerd, Niel Hawkins, John V, Rocke K, Mike D, Erik B, Paul N

EZ

Judy V, Kelly L, Mitchell L, Otis H, Dave A , Doug F., Brendan

Pit Crew

Scottie

Summitteer

imported post

imported post

I will be up there to volunteer but i wont be riding it this year. So I can act as a pit crew if need be.

Scott

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

I'm in for whatever team except the HARD route. I had a great time on the team last year. I better start stocking up on Red Bull :)

TS200R

imported post

imported post

I am in where i can get a spot and my friend so 2 of us are in fore sure

jaques and Burgerd:dr:

bmw rocke

imported post

imported post

Well I think I will be an orphan this year as my some of my previous team members will not be attending. Can I come and do a few laps of the EZcourse with Judy??:clap:

I'm in if you will have me!:tup:

Rocke

B

burgerd

imported post

imported post

24hr registration is now open

see the VFDRA web site: http://www.fvdra.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2932

(if the link don't work it's under 24hr topic on the forum page)

Tom are you going to send a cheque or how do we do it?

I believe starting order is based on entry number i.e first entry received starts first like last year

cheers

b.

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

DSBC will send the money in then collect it from everyone.

I will get on this next week

Anyone interested in doing the C or EZ Loop KTM 950S and smaller

TT

XmikeR

imported post

imported post

Ive been checking out some of the postings on this event, and would like to know more. Is there a link that actually describes the event. I gather that it is a 24 hour relay :cf2:. What type of terrain? Im an intermediate/advanced rider,and am riding a xr650 big red pig. Any teams still need riders? I might be able to persuade the roommate to join in, he's on a xr650 as well, and is an advanced rider.

bmw rocke

imported post

imported post

Hey xMikeR, Keep in mind that this event is geared towards off road racers. They do a great job of making a C course that just about anyone could ride, and a B course that becomes more challenging as the time goes on. The A course is intended for active off road racers and is typically longer and a little nastier than the B course.

This is a relay style event where you have one rider from you team on the track at a time. How long they stay out is up to them. You can have one or two guys do more laps than the rest of the team as there are no rules for this.

Not knowing you personally, just knowing your bike I would suggest theB course. This is the course I have raced 2 times in this event on a KDX200 and CRF450x(finishing 2nd both times). This course is usually easily passable at first without any crazy long up hills or swamps. This being said after hours of riding even the simplest of obstacles becomes more challenging. A few years ago it rained for all 24 hours and even theB course became an A course.:shock:

I think you and your friend should sign up and we can start a second team for the B course.:tup:

Rocke

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

XmikeR wrote:
Ive been checking out some of the postings on this event, and would like to know more. Is there a link that actually describes the event. I gather that it is a 24 hour relay :cf2:. What type of terrain? Im an intermediate/advanced rider,and am riding a xr650 big red pig. Any teams still need riders? I might be able to persuade the roommate to join in, he's on a xr650 as well, and is an advanced rider.

I rode the intermediate route last year with the experts, with little or no problem. Only could do one loop at a time roughtly 22-25 min per loop.

You and you bud in??

Add you to the list???

XmikeR

imported post

imported post

Yeah Tomcylcle we're in, and the intermediate or b sounds good. If you need any info or some cash, just let me know. A warmup ride the week prior might be in order.How does the race go, can you swap riders each lap, or is it more of an endurance thing?

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

XmikeR wrote:
Yeah Tomcylcle we're in, and the intermediate or b sounds good. If you need any info or some cash, just let me know. A warmup ride the week prior might be in order.How does the race go, can you swap riders each lap, or is it more of an endurance thing?

For us its a fun thing,

depending on the course we usually ride about 20-45 minutes each, that could be one or two laps. So you can swap riders each lap. In previous years we decide on the riding order before the event. Then everyone goes out for one lap each to get the lay of the land. From there you call it on how many laps you want to do before you go out for your turn. Seems to work ok, get a little dodgy at 3 in the morning though, we just work through it.

Endurance thing, can you drink beer 24 hours in a row?:hb:

PM me with your contact information

TT

Summitteer

imported post

imported post

If anyone needs some extra body armor, I havea 661 pressure suits, size L, 1 set of 661 knee pads, size 12acerbis boots and aceribis pants waist 34 and 36. Please let me know ahead of time as to what you would like to borrow for the event.

Scott

printerboy

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your busi
imported post

imported post

I'd like to get in too, if there's still room in the pansy class.

Doug

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

printerboy wrote:

Doug

Now he has a new bike and wants to get into the fun:hf:

I dont think we can let you ride with the girls its time to hang out with the boys:wi:

Your in

Bugsinteeth

imported post

imported post

tomcycle wrote:
printerboy wrote:

Doug

Now he has a new bike and wants to get into the fun:hf:

I dont think we can let you ride with the girls its time to hang out with the boys:wi:

Your in
My new bike is used. Is there still spaces going for this.

Paul N.

XmikeR

imported post

imported post

heading up there on sunday aug 5 for a day of loosening up and fun practice if anyone is in. Aiming to be there by noon. Look for the motorhome with a couple xr650s and a wr450.