• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

24 Hour Marathon*****The Dream Teams*******

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
tomcycle wrote:
Teams are in

Humpalot

PBD PotBelly DualSport

Ride to Race

HAHA..... U could have used Potbelly Pigs !

Did I miss where this race is held?

Good luck to u guys:clap:

Now you come up with names:wi:

24 hour marathon is held at the old BC Nicklemine site about 10 Kms north of Hope

T

Bugsinteeth

imported post

imported post

tomcycle wrote:
joker650 wrote:
tomcycle wrote:
Teams are in

Humpalot

PBD PotBelly DualSport

Ride to Race

HAHA..... U could have used Potbelly Pigs !

Did I miss where this race is held?

Good luck to u guys:clap:

Now you come up with names:wi:

24 hour marathon is held at the old BC Nicklemine site about 10 Kms north of Hope

T
How about the Dualsport BC"Dirtbags".

This name would cover the "rotund" theme that appears quite popular + a few other themes that come to mind.

Cheers,

Paul N.

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

Update

Three teams have been paid for so now its time to get ready for the ride.

I expect two teams on the EZ loop and the loons can take the race course.

The weekend will be full of activities so any of you that are a little shy and not sure of what we are up to at the 24 hour. Get on your bike and head up for a ride and visit our camp, should be a beehive of activite with three teams.

T

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

I will not have The Bus ready for the 24 Hr, so I will be in my PU.

I will be heading up to the 24 hr on Friday noon

One of our Camp B's has backed out so we might be a little short on help in the campsite.

Do you guys want me to bring up the Projector again this year?

What are we doing for BBQ

What about food? Do you want me to go to costco and p/u a bunch of burgers and smokies?

Let me know what you want me to do or if anyone can help out

*****WARNING***This is gonna be fun

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

tomcycle wrote:
I will not have The Bus ready for the 24 Hr, so I will be in my PU.

I will be heading up to the 24 hr on Friday noon

One of our Camp B's has backed out so we might be a little short on help in the campsite.

Do you guys want me to bring up the Projector again this year?

What are we doing for BBQ

What about food? Do you want me to go to costco and p/u a bunch of burgers and smokies?

Let me know what you want me to do or if anyone can help out

*****WARNING***This is gonna be fun
I'm going up sometime Friday morning to set up the DSBC camp zone. This is the site from last year and (hopefully) it will be the same for this year:

Yes, please bring the projector. I'll talk to you about food when I see you Tuesday night.

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

bmw rocke wrote:
Any chance we can all get together one night soon to make a plan??

Rocke.

Tuesday night. That's what the GV meetings are for!

But I have to say that if the bus isn't going to be there then that casts a cloud over the entire event.

bmw rocke

imported post

imported post

Ok I'll come out to the GV meeting to discuss the Dualsport bc team for the 24hour.

should we talk before or after?

who else is coming?? (This means you should post up if you are coming.)

Rocke

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

skidmark43 wrote:
But I have to say that if the bus isn't going to be there then that casts a cloud over the entire event.

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

imported post

OK, so my lovely bride has volunteered to do some simple cooking. IE Lunch spread on Saturday, Polish sausages throughout the evening (on the barbeque serve yourself) and breakie sunday of bacon and egg sandwiches. We're under the impression that for this anyone who wants to eat will chip in on the food, so we can get an idea of how many to buy for / will be sharing the cost of food, please post ifyou do NOTwant in...otherwise we'll assume you do and hopefully buy enough...

Hawk

B

burgerd

imported post

imported post

Jaques and myself just went shopping for beer... I mean food last night so DON'T buy for us - food that is, beer is always welcome.

We can't make it tonight to the proposed meeting mentioned above. Just for info we did the courses on Sunday. Ridingslow on the lotto course took 22min. The min time limted is 20min. It is a nice and enjoyable course. +- twice as long as last year. The marathon course is about the same as last year with some minor changes. Probably a bit easier and faster. We took it easy and did it in 21min. The PIT will be at grave yard hill - the steep hill at the back of the main camp area. There are some new classrules posted on the FVDRA Forum under the 24hr topic. Not sure what classes Tom entered but you should check out the newrules. Will propably change again before the race.

I'm going uplate Thursday afternoon and Jaques will be up Friday morning.

cheers

burgerd

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

Thanks Burgerd

We will decide on the Classes when we get up there

We all have to sign the waver forms when we arive

Still have room for one more rider......any takers
T

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

No food for me Neil, but please extend my thanks to Lori.

I do not plan to attend the event.

bmw rocke

imported post

imported post

Thanks for the offer Neil but i will have to opt out on the food.

Mark what is going on? any reasons for not coming???:(

Rocke

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Alrighty then, if my counting is right we have three teams of 6 = 18 - Burgerd, Jaques, Skidmark, BMW Rock = 14 We'll be buying food for, sound about right Tom?

tomcycle

Staff member
imported post

imported post

hawk wrote:
Alrighty then, if my counting is right we have three teams of 6 = 18 - Burgerd, Jaques, Skidmark, BMW Rock = 14 We'll be buying food for, sound about right Tom?
Sounds right to me

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

hawk wrote:
OK, so my lovely bride has volunteered to do some simple cooking. IE Lunch spread on Saturday, Polish sausages throughout the evening (on the barbeque serve yourself) and breakie sunday of bacon and egg sandwiches. We're under the impression that for this anyone who wants to eat will chip in on the food, so we can get an idea of how many to buy for / will be sharing the cost of food, please post ifyou do NOTwant in...otherwise we'll assume you do and hopefully buy enough...

Hawk

We are in for the breakfast on Sunday. Thanks Lori!!

I'm bringing up burgers, smokies, potato salad, roast beef subs and I plan to share.

Due to my crash last Sunday the doc advises that I shouldn't ride. The ribs, elbow, leg and whiplash need some time to heal. So I plan to pit crew and be camp cook for the weekend.